4

David's POV:

We walk into the adoption agency and walk up to the front desk. The lady at the desk looks up at Nat and I, "hey, how can I help you?" "We're here to adopt a teenager, we called earlier today." The lady nods and shows us towards the teen section.

We looked around and talked to a couple of the kids but none of them really stuck out. I was about to tell Nat that we should leave when out of the corner of my eye I saw a girl with blonde hair in a corner all alone writing in what looks like her journal.

I tap Nat's shoulder and gesture to the girl. She smiles and grabs my hand as we walk toward her. We get to her but she has earbuds in and doesn't realize we're there. She slowly looks up from her notebook and sees us and quietly says "hi..." I lean down "hey, what are you writing in there?" I point to her journal. "Song lyrics," she replies. Nat bends down so she's at her level, "that's really cool, you know I also write song lyrics?" At this the girl raises her head in surprise, "really?" Nat nods, smiling.

At this point we're all sitting on the floor and I realize that we don't even know each other's names. "So what's your name?" I ask. "Ariella," she says. "My name's David and that's Natalie." I say as I point to Nat. I turn to Ariella once again, "would you like to come with us Ariella?" She smiles bright and nods excitedly.

After a few more minutes of talking Nat and I sign the paperwork and we were now officially Ariella's parents.