•03•

"Soooo" Bradley said as we walked out of the Footlocker that we were just in. "What did you do last night."

"Not what you think I did" I said and he laughed. "I called CJ again and we talked for a while, then I took a shower and went to bed" I said. "Now what you and John did though" I said and he elbowed me.

"We just chilled, we're just bro's" he said and I nodded.

"Bro's" I said said sarcastically and he nodded and I smiled. "Really" I questioned and he smiled and rolled his eyes.

"Yes really" he said and I nodded.

"All right" I said and he laughed.

"How long have you been talking to CJ" he asked me.

"I don't know a couple months why" I responded and I looked up at him and waited for an answer.

"Cause you still haven't met in person, he can walk now, and the draft is in a few weeks. There's nothing stopping y'all from meeting up." He said and I shrugged. "Unless you wanna meet for the first time playing against each other, which I think is a bad idea."

"Well I don't know if we're really gonna talk or anything once he gets drafted" I said "I just have to get him to that point then he's on his own."

"So your just gonna stop talking to him" he asked me and I didn't answer. "I can't get myself to believe that Damian. That one time you were talking to him in my hotel room, I have never seen you that happy talking to someone and you'd only known him for two weeks at that point. I can't imagine what you look like now, but your definitely not just gonna give up on him and stop talking."

"Well sure" I said and he raised his eyebrows. "Maybe not." I said slowly and he smiled. "Ok yeah I'm not just gonna give up on him, but I just don't see a reason for meeting. We're gonna meet one day anyways."

"See I told you" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever" I muttered and he smiled.

"Y'all should just have dinner or something, go to the draft and you can meet him there, I just think you should meet in person before you play each other because although you know who he is and what he looks like and sounds like, you haven't physically met each other and once your standing there meeting him it's not best to be right before a game." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Why not" I question and he shrugged.

"I don't know, your gonna wanna talk but then you'd have to play against each other and your built up feelings might get in the way" he added with a wink.

"Oh my god" I groaned and he laughed. "You can't establish feelings for someone over the phone" I said and he raised his eyebrows.

"Really" he asked and I nodded.

"Yeah really" I said and he nodded.

"Ok" was all he said before he unlocked his car so we could get in. 

"Maybe I will go to the draft" I said and he nodded and looked over at me before he backed out of his parking space.

"You let him stay rent free in your mind a lot" he said and I laughed.

"That's something you say about someone you hate who stays in your mind" I said and he smiled. "I was just adding to your comment about going to the draft, that's a good time to talk right." I asked and he nodded in agreement. "Like he just got drafted so he'll be happy so he won't really have time to judge me or anything."

"He's not gonna judge you Damian" Bradley laughed and I smiled. "It's not like your meeting a stranger off the internet. You know everything about each other, you know how the other looks, sounds, acts, plays, you just haven't ever been in physical contact. There's nothing about you to judge that he hasn't already judged."