1

My wonderful eccentric friend, Marissa, had arrived to my house, casually walking in as if her own during the afternoon, "Hey babe".
"What's up, cutie?" I asked from my kitchen. Where I lived was no more than a small 1 bedroom 1 bath home that had been built in the 80's. I had everything I needed and couldn't think of reasons to complain about my living situations. On the other hand, Marissa, with her large curly hair, always insisted I moved in with her. You see, this was no problem to Marissa. She had the means well enough to handle both of us. In fact, her family were very wealthy people. Nearly all of their fortune came from working in the entertainment industry. Cousins that were the left hand men of the men who called the shots and uncles who were usually the men that called those shots. They had hands in music, movies, and even broadway. There was the occasional doctor or lawyer in the family. They were kind and welcoming to me, though I felt that they had perceived me as one of the unfortunate ones. However, Marissa had never seen me that way. She was considered the odd one of the bunch. She had grand dreams of moving to Costa Rica and living off the land with a partner she would meet and fall in love there. I had met her at a bookstore where I worked around 3 years ago and melted over our love for stories. We immediately clicked.
"So," she began as she walked into my tiny kitchen and put her back against the black fridge, "I have a very interesting proposition for you." She said with a small smirk.
"Okay." I said slowly with my mouth full while putting down the taco I had just ripped into.
"Right, well you know Ronnie, right?" She questioned.
"Uh yeah. Your body building tower of an uncle." I joked.
"Okay so he's almost seven feet and likes to work out? Big deal." She said with a chuckle.
"Anyways!" She straightened up from excitement, "He's having a little get together of friends, as in his Hollywood friends at his house in uptown tonight and told me that I could come!"
My eyes widened, "Dude, that's awesome!"
She grabbed my hands, "Okay wait, but my proposition is; will you be my hot little date for the night?"