The Interview.

Stefans POV:

"I'm so sorry sir. I-  I didn't know that was you on the elevator with me. Sir it's just you look young and seems like a player. Ugh what am I saying?! That's not what I meant." Miss Rachel said. She walked in with all smiles until she saw me. She was so shocked.
"Look Rachel. I really didn't like your attitude because it doesn't matter who I am and what status I have. I don't know if you'll be like that towards clients and I don't like the tone. But I've just gone through your files and you have a good record. Let me interview the next person and we'll see what happens." I said. "Thank you sir." She gave me a small smile and got up and walked out the door. Leilani pops in again and let me know the other interviewee will be in, in about five minutes to give me a little break.

I should turn on some smooth music before the next employee walks in for the interview. What's a good song for now? I turn on the Bluetooth speakers and connect my iPad then turn on "My boo" by MATZ. Is a whole vibe. I'm not no simp tho.

*knock knock*
"Come in!"
Leilani peeks in and asks, "You ready?"
"Yes, go ahead and send 'em in." I turn off the song. Last one before I get to go home and watch some spongebob!! I'd like to think of myself as an OG Goofy Goober!
Anyways, I get up and walk towards the window. The view is amazing from up here.

*knock knock*
"Come in!" I said with my back still faced to them.

Elenas POV:

"Come in!" The founder, I assume, said. Suddenly I get really nervous. But what really hit me was that voice. Before I think more on that I open up the door and walk inside. Woah. It is really spacious in here. I look up and there's a man standing with his back faced to me, while looking out towards the city. His white dress shirt fitted his body perfectly and tucked into those fitted pantsuit. Not gonna lie the back of his head looks really sexy. And he has a hot back. Wait what... what am I even saying? Stop it Elena. You're so inappropriate.

"How are you doing today sir?"
I said while smiling feeling excited.
He starts turning his body but not fully cause I still can't see his face, but for some reason when he starts talking, I felt warm inside like a wave of familiarity hits me. "I'm doing fine thank you. And please, call me Stefan." He finally turns his body towards me and he's smiling. I laugh. Oh those pearly white teeth and that jaw a- STEFAN!!!! STEFAN SALVATORE?!! What is he doing here?? Why is he here now?!! Better yet, Where's the founder?

As soon as he realized it's me his smile dropped immediately.

Stefans POV:

"How are you doing today sir?" The lady said. That voice. There's something soothing and comforting about it. I haven't actually felt this type of presence in years. Although I'm happy with life. There was that feeling of emptiness .
Could it be who I think it is? Of course not. Anyways. "I'm doing fine thank you. And please, call me Stefan." I turn around to greet the young lady and then my eyes are met with a pair of light brown eyes. I stopped smiling immediately. Those eyes. 

Ones I haven't seen in 10 years. The same eyes I see in my sleep every night.
The same ones that once looked at me like I was her everything, but now I'm like a stranger to her. Elena Gilbert's. She's gotten more beautiful, if that's even humanly possible. Our memories together came flooding in, but most importantly the feeling of betrayal. Just be yourself.

I plastered a smile back on my face. "Hello, Welcome to O'ahu Real Estate! May I have your file please?" She looks at me confused. "I thought Leilani said the founder has to ask me a few personal questions first." She said.
And then she smirks. Oh how much I hate that smirk right now. She's ... changed. Of course she has, It's been over a decade Stefan. Let's get this over with. "Well, I don't think that'll be necessary. Now the files please. It'll speed the process up." Pushing foward. She knows damn well what she's doing.
"I haven't seen the founder yet Mr. Salvatore." She giggles lowly. I went from almost being frustrated to smiles real quick. Cause she's in for another surprise.

"Oh really? But I'm standing right here Ms. or is it Mrs. Gilbert?" I said. And she stops smiling immediately after I said that. She starts sitting herself up straight. She finally looks back up at me and now I'm the one with the smirk. As we're making eye contact, I decide to get up and walk towards her.

Elenas POV:

"Oh really? But I'm standing right here Ms. or is it Mrs. Gilbert?" My smile disappeared quickly. Did he just say... that he's the founder?!! What? How? When?
When I look back up to him he has this stupid smirk on his face. Then he suddenly gets up and walk towards me.
What is he doing? As soon as he gets next to my chair he flips it around to face him and puts both his hands on the arm chairs locking me in.

"What are you doing Stefan?"I said nervously. He smells good. "I don't know. I just thought I'd have a closer look to make sure it's really you. You've aged well." He said with that stupid but cute grin of his. "I wish I could say the same thing about you."
I regret saying that because he's moving closer now. I can literally feel his breath on my lips.

It's been literally a whole decade. Play along the lines. "Is that so?" At this point I'm tryna take deep breathes, but the smell of his cologne is invading my mind. "Ye- yes." Is the heater on in here?! "By looks and sounds of it, I'd say otherwise." He said before looking down at my lips and then he licks his and his eyes come back up to mine. Why?! Why did he have to do that?!
"Let me see it?" What is he talking about? "See what?" I said softly.

He looks down. My chest???!! He scoots in a little more and our lips are almost touching. I close my eyes. One kiss won't hurt. "Those papers. Let me see it." And I opened my eyes immediately. He's at least a feet away from me now. What the heck?! What was I doing?? He hurt you Elena. "What?"I asked confused. He's chuckling and pointing towards my lap where my files are at. Of course. Obviously he's become more comfortable and confident with himself.

"Oh. Here." He takes my files and goes to sit back down on his desk chair. "I don't think I want this position. Mr. founder." I drag out his title. He looks up at me. And said, "And why is that?" He asked. "Well, why don't we quit the act. Let's not pretend like we're cool with each other because we're not. I only took this opportunity because it was gonna help me with...stuff. If I had known you were the Founder I would've never even applied. Now with that being said, I'll take this and head down to my desk job." I said before snatching my files from him. More than ready to leave. Because this whole thing was just stupid. I turn and walk towards the door. I hear him getting up. I'm about 2 feet away from the door when I feel him grab my wrist gently.

And it's like this current travels through me. Something I've been trying to feel in my past few relationships, but could never find. He was the only one I'd feel it with. As much as it is an amazing sensation it's also a scary feeling.

"Wait. Wait." He said calmly. "You're right we're not close or have any type of relationship with each other. Anymore. But let's change that. What do you say? Friends?" He let's go of my wrist as he sticks out his right hand for me to shake it. "I want you to work for me Elena. The numbers are undeniably outstanding. Now let's let bygones be bygones. Forget the past. And become buds for this thing. I could really use you on the team. " He said which convinced me. Almost, at least. Rules. "Before I shake your head I'd like to make it known that I do not want anything to do with you that doesn't involve the deals and investments. Got it? And let's be civil we're adults now." I know that was harsh, but I'm putting my guard up for this.

He smiles and his eyes light up. He grabs my hand quickly and shakes it firmly. This is gonna be one heck of a ride.

Authors Notes:
That wraps this chapter up folks. I had to rewrite this like 10 times because I didn't like how I wrote some plots. But I'd like for y'all to comment how you would've like for this scene to play out. Thank you for reading. Stay safe and God bless.