2. swings

Whizzer was taking his usual five o'clock walk, as he did every day. The sky was grey with clouds, and it looked like it was going to rain. Whizzer never really liked that kind of weather. But he knew Marvin did. Yes, Marvin loved bad weather.  Every time it rained, you could find him on his balcony with a cup of something, tea probably, just staring off into the distance. Whizzer was so caught up in his thoughts he didn't notice the pole he walked right into. 

"Ow," he said, rubbing his forehead. He turned his head and saw some kid staring at him. "What?" he asked the kid, who just shrugged and waddled away.

"Where the hell are his parents?" Whizzer mumbled to himself and continued walking. Then he stopped. Nice, that playground he used to go to when he was still a kid. He was surprised it was still there, though. It was exactly like he remembered it: that big blue slide, the green roundabout, the bars... Of course, the swings! They were his favorite back in the day. Maybe they're still functioning, he thought as he came up to them.

There was somebody sitting on one of the swings. He had his head down, so Whizzer couldn't see who it was. He came closer. "Marvin?"

The guy lifted his head and forced a smile. "Hey." It was Marvin. "What's the reason you came here?" he asked.

"I used to come here a lot."

"Huh."

"What about you?"

"I... I come here when I don't feel so good."

"What happened?" Whizzer asked, sitting down on the other swing.

"Well... You know Trina?"

"Your girlfriend Trina?"

"Well... Yeah, but she's not my girlfriend anymore."

"You broke up?!" Whizzer gasped. "You were so cute together! Why?"

Marvin leaned closer and lowered his voice. "You're not going to tell anyone, are you?"

"I swear not to tell."

"Okay." he took a deep breath. "I... recently discovered that I'm... Well, gay."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"How did she take it?"

"Surprisingly well."

(Little did he know)

Whizzer understood him perfectly. Coming out isn't that easy, especially if the person you're coming out to is your own girlfriend. An uneasy silence fell between them.

"How may I be able to brighten your mood?" Whizzer suddenly asked in a chivalrous tone.

Marvin looked at him, smiling in confusion. "What?"

"Maybe I can help cheer you up."

"I... I really don't know..."

"Come on," he took Marvin by the hand, and they both stood up. Whizzer sped up, causing Marvin to stumble before catching up with him. "Where are we going?" he asked.

"I'm taking you out," he answered with a smirk. 

Marvin didn't say anything. He just followed where Whizzer went. At least it can't get worse now, can it?

"But seriously, where are we going?" 

"You know that amazing bakery just around the corner? I was thinking I could take you there."

Marvin smiled. "When did you have time to think?"

"The past minute."

They came into what was called 'Mama's Little Bakery'. It sure looked nice.

"Pick," Whizzer said, gesturing to the possibilities. "It's on me."

They each took a cupcake and left.

"Where to next?" Marvin asked, a bit more excited now. 

"Do you like the theater?"

He paused. "Well, I've never been, but I heard it's a hoot."

Whizzer faked his shock. "I simply have to take you there."

"Now, do you want a happy ending or a sad one?" he asked once they got there.

"Well, I don't really want to see or hear anything tragic right now..."

"The Book of Mormon it is!" he said, going to get tickets. He soon returned with two. "It doesn't start for another hour. Where would you like to go now?"

They decided to just take a walk, then they returned and saw the musical (they were almost late). They ended up returning to the old playground where their so-called adventure started. Just sitting on the same swings, enjoying each other's company. It was quiet for a solid five minutes. When the silence became too boring, Whizzer had decided that he would be the one to break it.

"Want me to push you?" he asked. Marvin hesitated.

"Come on," he insisted. When Marvin finally agreed, Whizzer got up and stood behind him.

"Hold on," he warned Marvin, who gripped the ropes tighter. In a few moments, he was already in the air. Each time he felt like he was going to fall backwards, Whizzer's hands pushed him back forward. Every time his hands touched Marvin's back, he felt something... unusual. Something very big. Something greater than what he felt when he and Trina did literally anything. Right now, he didn't know what it was. He'll figure it out later on. For now, he decided to just focus on the present. Marvin smiled.

A/N hOw Marvin EatS His BrEAkfast

(sorry that was stuck in my head all day)

speaking of days, i hope you have a lovely one