3. clouds

Marvin was bored. Very, very bored. He already did all the things that kept him busy yesterday, now, he was sure they would kill him. He went to see Dear Evan Hansen with Charlotte and Whizzer, he read a book he found in his mom's attic, killed some cockroaches and even cleaned the apartment (which he hated doing). Now, he was lying on his and Whizzer's couch upside down, watching whatever the hell was on television. Whizzer was sitting on their armchair with his eyes closed, probably just as bored as Marvin, except too lazy to do anything. 

"Whizzer?" Marvin said, rubbing his face.

"What?" he asked in a tired voice, opening one eye to look at his partner.

"What time is it?"

"It's 1:52," Whizzer answered, looking at the clock on their wall. "PM."

Marvin groaned. About a minute later, he asked again.

"Whizzer?"

"What?"

"I love you."

"Uh huh."

"Do you love me?"

"Yeah."

"How much?"

"I would send you a fully armed battalion."

"What?"

"Till death."

"Oh, okay."

Again, silence fell. Nothing but the chattering of the TV people and the distant ticking of the clock. The sun shone into Marvin's eyes through the window. It absorbed all of his energy to get up and close the curtains. He sighed and squinted. I want to do something productive, but I can't. Marvin sighed as his legs began to fall, causing him to drop on the floor with a thud. At this point, he didn't even care. He just continued to lie (or sit, I don't know) in that weird position on the carpet, the situation growing worse by each second. After about five minutes, he decided to finally get up and go do something. 

"Come on," he said, getting up, almost stumbling over and grabbing Whizzer by the hand to go outside. 

"Marvin, let me go, please," Whizzer said.

"We have to do this. We simply must."

"You're too dramatic..." he said, sitting down on the grass but not letting go of Marvin's hand. 

Marvin stopped. "Come on! Please go for a walk with me or something," he said, sitting down in front of him.

Whizzer didn't answer, he just laid down and stared off into space. "Hey, lay down next to me, maybe we can, like, look at clouds and stuff, like those white couples in cheesy movies."

Marvin smiled. "Okay."

"Can I go first?" Whizzer asked.

"Go."

"That one looks like a hamster that's putting up a magic show."

"Wow," Marvin said, squinting. "Your imagination sure beats mine."

"Now you go."

"Uhh... That one looks like..."

"Like what?"

"A fish."

"That was the best you could do?"

"Yeah. "

"You need to work on that. Okay, my turn. That one looks like..."

"Like?.."

"Like a post office worker. Getting fired."

"Oh my God."

"I know."

"Why aren't you an artist or something? You could make some money out of that."

"I asked my parents to let me go to art school once, but I was already busy with school, baseball, chess, you know."

"Oh."

"Your turn."

"Uhh..."

"Use your imagination, Marvin."

"Stop that. Um... That one... That one looks like..."

"Say it!"

"The guy that told everyone to stop saying he looks like Chicken Little".

"Yay!" Whizzer rolled over to hug Marvin. "You know, my back needs to be heated up a bit, can I stay like this?"

Marvin laughed. "Fine."

"Want to talk?"

"No."

"Okay."

They laid there like that, earning some confused glances from some eight-year-olds that don't know everything, until it started to rain. 

"I mean, it's not much," Whizzer said.

"Uh huh," Marvin agreed.

The moment he said that it began to pour. Now, they both decided to get up and flee. Once they were both inside, they were soaking wet, and there was water dripping from them. Whizzer pressed his back against the door and sighed. "I haven't seen rain like that in ye- Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You look cute with wet hair."

Whizzer smiled and kissed Marvin's cheek. "Do you want to go watch something?"

"Sure, why not."

A/N this sucks so much because i made it out of pure boredom

also my friend got me into Hamilton and now i can't get over the fact that Andrew was King George III but i can never see him as King George III :,)

have a lovely day