25

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

"rescue mission for u.a.'s first year sports festival a success as the retirement of all might ensues. showing a shocking 'small might' as he releases a statement—"

"i was watching that." y/n looked over to her mom who turned it off.

"i know, i have something to tell you."

"what is it? are you unhappy?" she said quickly, afraid that her mom was depressed again.

"i was, but it's okay now. i didn't realize how much of an..impact s/d/n had on you."

"oh?"

"i've..told him i want a divorce."

y/n blinked a couple times and a smile finally graced her face. it was small, but a step up from her stoic expression she wore like clothing.

"really?"

"yes, i know he was harsh on you but i didn't know he caused psychological damage on you."

"damage? i'm hurt?"

"sort of, baby." her mom frowned. "you think you have to keep everyone in your life happy by being perfect."

"yes..? what other way does it work?"

her mother's heart shattered.

"people are happy because of themselves. not because you put pressure on yourself to make them happy. sure you can make someone cheer up or feel down, but their overall happiness depends on them alone."

"if that's true, then why did dad die?" she hissed. "he was sad because of me, he was sad because of his friend. and it made him want to die."

"no, baby he was overwhelmed. it wasn't because of you or me or anyone! he had his problems and as much as i wish i could've solved them, i didn't. he loved you very much."

"see? you have to solve their problems to keep them. solving their problems makes them happy. being perfect makes people happy. and maybe if i was perfect then, he could've been happy!" tears started bursting from her face. "if i was good then and if i cleaned my room and washed the dishes when he asked, he'd be happy! if i'd been good when you were sad, you wouldn't have needed s/d/n! and i wouldn't have had to deal with his insults! i realized on my own standards what good girl means before he even came! he wouldn't make me feel shitty..he wouldn't make me think that i'm selfish."

her mom realized what she was saying, eyes widening and grasped her forearms.

"but you aren't. he's the one who implanted that in your mind."

"he..i'm—that...selfish.." she mouthed.

"her heart rate is increasing rapidly. i'd like to ask you to step away." a nurse came beside y/n, kicking her mother out.