CHAPTER 2

OUTER BANKS
Episode 1: PILOT
PART 2

John B was coming out of the bathroom when he walked in on JJ lying over a random girl.

And that's me, John Booker Routledge.

He kept walking until he found Kiara lying on the pull out and Ren in the kitchen drinking a beer.

And this is where I live.

"Morning kie," he said to her,

"Morning," she spoke barely raising her arm waving,

"Yes?!" John B whisper yelled to Ren to pass him a beer. She threw him one and he caught it.

An old fish shack on the marsh. The Chateau, as my dad used to call it.

John B picked up the picture of his father and placed it back in its original spot on the wall.

There's dad. He disappeared at sea nine months ago, looking for a shipwreck. Who disappears at sea these days? I miss him. And then there's mom. She split when I was three. Last I heard, she was in Colorado. I think it was Colorado.

"Uncle T!" He pushed his beer up to the frame as if he was 'cheersing' with his uncle.

That's uncle T. Since dads vanished, he's supposedly my legal guardian. At the moment, he's in Mississippi, building houses.

"Yo yo," John b said to Pope as he walked onto the porch,

"Oy," he replied. They did they're simple handshake and he continued walking to the hammock.

Which means it's just me right now, on my own, hangin' out with my friends. Three months after my dad was missing, he was officially presumed dead. I refused to sign the papers. Until I see a body I'm not giving up.

JJ walked the girl out of his room and home. When he came back he sighed,

"Do you ever think I'll actually stick with a girl?" He asked Kiara and Ren, mostly Kiara as he knew Ren would make fun of him or make a sarcastic comment. But she didn't.

"Well I think if you put your mind to it, and find the right girl, maybe," she started,

He smiled at the girl, he knew she was the one, but another thing he knew was that she didn't like him back, or so he thought.

"Hey! Or you could just keep hooking up and marry pope in the end," she laughed.

"Hey I heard that!" Pope shouted from the porch.

"Well since John B has gone to his DCS meeting, wanna play truth or dare?" Kie asked,

They all ended up agreeing to play and sat in a circle on the pull out.

"Ok Kie, since you are our sponsor, truth or dare?" Pope asked the girl.

"Truth," she said "and don't do one that's too obvious," she added.

"Would you ever date a girl?" He asked.

Ren felt JJ jump at the thought, so she giggled and slapped him in the face not too hard.