Chapter 5: Already?

Here's where the story starts to pick up a little.

Bedroom
Berica's House
2:45 PM
Saturday
February 4th

Ben's POV:
We'd hung out pretty much all day, just relaxing.

I was excited and thought we'd finally gotten a full week and some off from all the missions.

*Sigh* I was wrong.

We'd been laying on the couch watching tv again when it happened.

We heard a ding.

Both our phones buzzed.

I rolled my eyes.

I winced as I checked my phone.

The most recent message read:
Cyrus to Catherine, Alexander, Mike, Zoe, and two others
Come see me. You know where to go. Vacation's over.

"Already!?!" I groaned.

"Guess so. Let's go."

"But what about the baby? You sure it'll be safe to go with? Maybe you should just sit this one out?"

"It'll be fine Ben. It's only been like a month and a half ish or whatever."

"But it could mess your senses up."

"Ben I'm the like best spy in the CIA. I think I'll be okay."

"Fine, you can come with. BUT, if at any point I find it to be unsafe, I'm telling Cyrus to pull you off the mission."

"Beeen!" She whined.

"Am I clear?"

"Fine. But we should really be going."

"Alright, I'll drive."

I grabbed the keys and jogged to the car. She got in and we sped off to the CIA headquarters where Cyrus would be waiting.

We parked and headed inside to the conference room we usually used for briefings.

Cyrus was waiting there along with Catherine. Zoe and Mike walked in just as we sat down.

"Okay, Now that you're all here, let's- wait. Where's my son?" He said annoyedly.

"I tried to wake him, but he wouldn't budge." Catherine shrugged.

"Of course he didn't. Well, I suppose we'll have to go without him. Okay so, back to business." He said gruffly.

He turned to the screen and clicked it on with his remote. A tall skinny man with brown hair and grey streaks wearing a suit appeared on the screen.

"This is Jeffrey Williamson. He is the owner of multiple mines in Canada. We have a strong feeling, by looking through his bank statements, that he's involved with some fishy stuff."

"Spyder's not back right?" I asked carefully.

"I don't believe so, but there is a possibility. We dealt a huge blow to them last time. But I suppose it is possible after all these years they're making a slight comeback. But they'd have to be much smaller than before. Honestly I hope it is them. They'd be a lot easier to deal with than who we really think it is."

"Who?"

"Crush."

"Isn't that one of the ones Murray mentioned when we were in Britain?" Mike asked.

"I believe it is." Catherine answered.

"Anyhow, we will fly to Thompson, Manitoba. We're staying in a Best Western."