Chapter 43: For Emilia

Mariana POV

I sit in the  bathtub with the now red water as the blood washes off of me. I stare emotionless at the wall, not thinking anything. "Mariana." Billie calls my name. I look at her and she looks at the tub strangely. 

"It's not my blood." I assure her. She stands by the door awkwardly and I tell her to come in. "I won't try anything." I say dryly. She sits on the ground by me and I take my hand out of the water running my fingers through her hair. 

She looks at me before sighing heavily. "We need help." She admits. "What?" I ask calmly.

"Our marriage is falling to pieces in front of everyone, our fighting, it's messing Bambi up." She states. "Messing Bambi up? What are you saying?" I inquire.

"The nightmares she's been having, they're of us two. Fighting, she doesn't want to tell us because she thinks we'll just fight about it."

"Who told you this?"

"Claudia, Bambi's been having panic attacks."

"And she didn't tell us?" I mumble to myself. "She couldn't."

"But it isn't my fault we argue." I say. Billie turns her head looking at me before shutting her eyes for a second. "I'm not trying to fuss with you anymore, but I'm sorry for locking you in the room and choking you, I had no right to do that and I'm sorry." She apologizes.

"It's okay, I can get over it." I nod. She look s at me and I can tell she's also looking for an apology. "What? She kissed you, I have to say sorry for fixing the problem?"

"That's fair, but please don't do anything to Angelica."

"B-" She cuts me off with "Mariana, please."

"Why are you defending her?" I'm taken back her telling me to leave backing up a girl who came onto her. "If it was a random girl, sure. But it's Emilia's mom."

"So?"

"All Emilia wanted to know all her life is an logical explanation on why she was abandoned and you killing the only person that can give her that explanation, it doesn't make sense. Just for this one time, let it slide. For Emilia." 

"Okay, I will. For Emilia.

"And the fighting and you going to extreme heights when we're arguing? Stop it. I know me putting you in a cage, and choking you was wrong, but I'm tired of you putting me in the infirmary."

"I do get a little crazy some times." I realize laughing a bit. "A little?" Billie asks. "Okay, maybe I go on full psycho, but I'm just crazy for you-"

"And how many times do I have to tell you that I'm not going anywhere?"

"Like a million times, 'cause I don't think it's sitting with me." I shake my head. She cups my face, "There is no one else that I want to be married other than Mariana Renee Rodriguez." She says.

"One more time." I mutter. She laughs letting my face go and I pull her back kissing her before she pulls away. "There's a problem." Billie licks her lips. 

"What?"

"Rayelle? Turns out she's Colombo's daughter." 

"How is that possible, I thought we killed everyone."

"He has two more kids, they weren't there when we blew the house up and we had no idea he had two more kids, I don't know if he hid them, but they're both here and here to kill me or some fantasy shit." Billie shrugged it off.

"So what about Bambina?" 

"She knows, Rayelle just used her to get close to me. They had some wicked plan, like killing Bambi, then getting to me. We have Rayelle in custody, I just have to get her to tell me where her brother is. Naya's here by the way."

"Really?" I ask smiling. "Yeah, just got in yesterday."

"She's gonna beat the hell out of Rayelle." I mumble tilting my head partly. "You mean kill her." Billie corrects me.

"I feel bad for her." 

"She's going to be here for a while. She found out Rayelle's 31 and that her parents she was with were her adopted parents, her and her brother forged their birthday to make them seem younger than they actually were and that's how they got here in the US." 

"Wait, Rayelle's 31!? Shit, I'm an idiot." 

"Why are you calling yourself that?" Billie looks at me in confusion. "I was the one urging her to go be with Rayelle, I was actually okay."

"I'm not gonna lie, but I was this close to being on board."  

Billie helps me get cleaned up and dressed and I'm combing my wet hair when we both hear a knock on my door. Billie opens it and I put my brush down seeing it's Bambina. "You guys busy?" She asks.

Billie lets her in and they both sit on the bed across from me. "I hate myself." Bambi says and I sit by her caressing her hair. "Don't say that, you made a mistake. You'll learn from it."

"I fucking kissed an old woman!" She says her voice slightly cracking. "Okay, okay, you're getting worked up." Billie calms her down. "I feel so violated."  Bambina mumbles this time. "We're gonna fix this, okay?" Billie assures Bambina. 

I think I updated too much today,,

But do you think Billie and Mariana will put their differences to the side for their kids?