Chapter 12

Eliana

"Please tell me where we are going." I said to Marcellus. He keeps refusing to tell me where we are going. I keep trying to get it out of him but its no use.

"No, I want it to be a surprise." He keeps on telling me every time I ask. Isn't that the most cliché saying when it comes to things like this? I sat there quietly for the rest of the ride knowing I won't get anywhere if I keep asking. Finally, we come to a stop outside a restaurant.

"Where are we?" I asked. The place didn't look fancy like I expected.

"This is my aunts restaurant. She has a human mate so she is living a human life with him. They opened this restaurant together a couple years ago." He replied. That is really sweet that he brought me to a place that means something to him rather than a fancy place with no meaning.

"Really? That's so sweet." I said as he opened the car door for me. We walked up to the entrance of the restaurant and walked in. There was someone at the front to greet us but when she looked up she was shocked I don't know what about but I could only guess.

"Mr. Kingston right this way." She said shocked. I think she might be scared of him because she won't look at him. "Here is your table." She put down the menus and left.

"Do you know her?" I asked. I wanted to know why she was so shocked that he was here. Or was it just because she was scared?

"I do know here. I come here every Thursday night to see my aunt and her husband. I guess she is just surprised that I came here on a Tuesday instead of on Thursday." He said but I felt like her was leaving something out of it. "So in was thinking that we could get to know each other some more. How does that sound?"

"I would like that." I replied.

"Okay, so lets start with an easy one. What is your favorite...."

It went on like that until the food came and we sat in silence while we ate.

"Marcell, what are you doing here?" I heard someone from behind me. Turning around I see an older middle-aged woman coming over to us. This must be his aunt. "Who is this?" She asked noticing he wasn't alone.

"Aunt Lauren this is my mate her name is Eliana." He said introducing us.

"Hi my name is Lauren Leon. I am Marcellus aunt if you haven't already figured that out." She said hugging me.

"It nice to meet you Mrs. Leon." I quietly said.

"No none of that Mrs crap you can call me Aunt Lauren." She said. She looked at me from head to toe. "You are so beautiful. You got a good one Marcell." I started blushing.

"I know I did. So where is Uncle Jasper?" He asked his aunt.

"He is at home with the kids tonight. Wyatt got in trouble at school again and I'm making him deal with it this time." She replies.

"Well if you ever need any help then you can send them to our house we will deal with them. So that tells me about how Wyatt is what about Lilith? How is she?" He ask concerned. Why is he concerned about her?

"She's doing better. She's not feeling as left out anymore."

"Whos Lilith?" I asked.

"She is my daughter she just turned 15 and we found out that she is human unlike my son Wyatt. She has been feeling a little left out since then."

"Well if she needs anyone to talk to she can talk to me I know what its like to be different from my family." I told her.

"I think that would be nice. She knows that her father is human too but she still feels left out and I just don't know how to get through to her." She said sadly.