Chapter Three

[Summary from the last chapter-]
Amelia tells Avani about her past. She has an abusive boyfriend.
Avani broke it off for her because she saw how much it affected her and her ability to let her hair down (metaphorically)

¤¤¤

"Uhh...."

I'm speechless, how did they come to this decision so fast? Wow.

Thomas looks at me knowingly, and chuckles slightly.

"I'm sorry, I just don't know what to say... thanks" I say, a few stray tears may have spilled from my eyes but that's besides the point.

"It really wasn't a hard decision to make Amelia, we've seen how able you are to make everybody laugh and how likeable you are. Everybody here likes you a lot."

Thomas and Addison explain that we'll have to have meetings with lawyers and attorneys to sign some contracts and legal things.

"So - you're going to share a room with Addison, she doesn't live here but she has a room for the days the she stays over." Thomas tells me.

"So it's basically you're room Lia, just don't lose any of the things I leave here and it's cool!" She says, her trademark giggle slipping from her mouth seconds after.

Wow, I've always thought that people in L.A. were stone cold bitches who use people to their advantage and constantly start drama.

I hug Addison before going into the room to unpack the small amount of clothes that I bought here, I'm going shopping with Avani after lunch, so it's bound to be fun.

I put my socks and underwear into the bottom drawer of the empty dresser, my bras into another drawer.

I then put the few pairs of shorts and skirts into the third drawer and in the second to last drawer, I put my tops and leggings.

I place the picture if me and my family on top and then head out to meet Thomas and Addison.

"I'll meet you at BOA for lunch, yes?" Avani tells me.

I nod and rush out of the house to get the meetings over and done with.

¤¤¤

"You're going to get a percentage of the profit from all the merch we sell and all of the paid press conferences or events we do" Thomas explains to me.

"We can also help you monetize other platforms like youtube or sponsors on TikTok. I think in a few months, you should start to develop merchandise of your own so that you'll make more money and be able to save for future purchases" Addison tells me.

"Can I ask you guys something?" I ask, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear and repositioning myself in my seat.

"Why are you guys helping me so much"

Thomas chuckles.

"I'm sure that we would've appreciated a mentor or a guide to help us navigate life in California when we were first starting out, we want you guys' careers to flourish so you have the opportunities we would've wanted."

"Yeah, I agree" Adi chimes in.

"Y'all are just so fucking sweet, oh my gosh" I say in a squeaky voice.

They both chuckle and we sit in silence for the rest of the drive.

(Short chapter, I know, I'm just very busy at the moment. Thank you for readingggg)