Chapter One

Welcome back! Excuse any errors.
______________________________

Kareem

2 Years Later

"Waters!" I heard the guard call out as he walked towards my cell. There was a loud buzzing sound as the cell opened. "You being released my brother." I quickly sat up and looked at him.

"Released? Don't play with me man, I got another 10 years."

"It look like I'm playin? If youon wanna leave I can let the judge know."

"Nah man." I hopped up and he motioned me out of the cell. I followed him down the hallway and into another room.

"Here's some clothes for you to change into. After you get changed, we'll process you out."

I nodded my head as the door closed. Getting out early just didn't sit right with my soul. It didn't make sense, but I knew better than to complain.

I been missin MyAngel and the kids. I haven't talked to her since the birth of babygirl. I told her not to wait on me, so I just stopped calling so that she could heal and try to move on. I would dial a few times, but I would always hang up before she answered.

I only talk to my moms, and Reign on occasion. She made sure to send me pictures of the kids whenever she had the chances. Meech eventually stopped visiting and that shit kinda hurt. I didn't know what the fuck he had goin on, but I was gonna make sure to get to the bottom of it.

I threw on the sweats along with a sweat shirt and my slides. This the same shit I came in wearing. I done put on a lil weight because this shit kinda tight. Gotta get back in the gym.

Once I was fully dressed, I headed out the door and met back up with the guard.

"Aye? You know who bailed me out?"

"Some girl." He said with a shrug. After I was processed, we reached the gate. "You free now. Make the right decisions man. I don't wanna see you back in here no more."

"Yea, no doubt."

I walked out the door as the gate began to open. I spotted Reign leaned up against her car.

"Yo yo!" I called out.

"Wassup bro?" She said with a smile. I pulled her into a hug once I reached the car.

"So you got me out, huh?"

"Yea. Had to pay your lawyer a few g's, but you don't owe me nothing." We both got into the car and sat in silence for a minute.

"How I get released early Reign, and don't lie. I can tell some shit ain't right."

She sighed loudly before pulling out of the parking lot.

"You don't wanna eat first or go see ya mama? She'll be happy to know that you home."

"I ain't playin with you man. Wassup?"

She stopped at the stop sign that was near the entrance and put the car in park before turning to face me.

"Melo is alive." She said lowly.