Chapter Two

Excuse any errors.
_____________________

MyAngel

"Damn, you couldn't give me a heads up?" I said to Reign as I tightened my robe. Don't get me wrong, I was happy that Kareem was here but I was just shocked and had so many questions. How did he get out so early?

"I ain't know y'all was fuckin." She said with a smirk. "Wassup Ryan?"

"Wassup." He said chuckling before walking away.

"I hope y'all using protection."

"Why didn't you tell me he was out?" I asked ignoring what she said.

"It was supposed to be a surprise. Shit went left back home. I knew he would wanna see you to bring some light into his life but uh, you dimmed that light." She said chuckling again.

"Reign, this is not a joke." I said rolling my eyes.

"You right, you right my bad. Go talk to him though, seriously."

I sighed loudly before slipping on my slides and walking down the stairs. I spotted Reem sitting on the curb with his head in his hands. I slowly walked towards him and took a seat on the curb.

"Y'all fuckin?" He asked breaking the silence that fell over us.

"Reem-"

"Answer the question." He said now looking at me.

"We not, but why does it matter who I'm fuckin? You pushed me away. You told me to move on."

"I ain't think you would be stupid enough to do it."

"Excuse me?" I asked standing up. Stupid? He told me to move on, not to wait. He told me he didn't want me to be miserable yet he's calling me stupid. "So I'm stupid because I didn't wanna sit around and be deep in my feelings about you? I didn't know when you were getting out! The judge gave you twelve years. That woulda been twelve years I had without you."

"If you loved me like you said you did, you woulda never moved on so fast." He said now standing up. "If you loved me, you woulda stayed in The Bronx. If you loved me, you woulda visited more. Hell MyAngel if you loved me, you woulda at least told me you AND my kids was moving to another fuckin state. That shit fuckin hurt. Not being able to see my kids or talk to them."

"Love? You wanna talk about love? You haven't called us in two fuckin years Kareem! You were in prison! You actin like we could call and visit at any time." He chuckled to himself shaking his head.

"I really thought you was different shorty, but you really like all these other hoes from The Bronx."

I raised an eyebrow and crossed my hands over my chest.

"Oh word? And what's that supposed to mean?"

"You had my baby. Not even 4 months after that you took her and my money and dipped. You was in it for the money this whole time? You ain't nothin but a gold digger and I can finally see that now." He said coldly. I slapped him as the tears began to fall from my eyes.

"You know I was never in it for the money, but I'm glad to know that's how you really feel about me." I said with tears still falling from eyes. "Fuck you. I don't ever wanna see you again. Get the fuck outta here before I call the police and have yo ass locked up again." I said pushing past him and walking back up the stairs. I could feel him staring at me as I walked away, but I didn't care.