01. The Tale Of Eurydice Noblezada

ONE THE TALE OF EURYDICE NOBLEZADA

     Eurydice and Heloise were inseparable the moment they met on the platform of nine and three quarters. Everything about the two girls went against each other — Eurydice with her pure blood-filled veins and notoriously Ravenclaw-Slytherin family made Heloise with her muggle parents (well, one muggle, one squib, respectively) and an older Hufflepuff sister (now graduated). The two were opposing sides of the same coin, Eurydice's parents always said although when she was twelve coming home for the summer for the first time she didn't really know what that meant.

     Nothing had ever gotten in between Heloise and Eurydice, even though they were in separate houses with Eurydice shocking everyone by being sorted into Gryffindor.

     "That's the Noble-Zeeda girl, right nasty family if I've ever heard one," she remembered hearing a boy she had learned was named Oliver Wood say. They never did get the last name right, but that wasn't the part that hurt her the most. When the sorting hat announced Gryffindor for all the dining hall to hear she made a point to sit right next to him in her own silent way of letting him know she heard him. Perhaps the courage she felt then helped to remind her why she donned red and gold in the first place. Still, her best friend was a table away at Hufflepuff yet she paid that no mind because nothing could come between them.

     Then came the red-headed boy with a full mouth and the name Weasley who sat next to his army of brothers at the table (which happened to be next to her) and his friend Harry. Now, Harry Potter was a name Eurydice had heard before. She remembered it clearly from the way her parents spoke about the great defeat of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. However, looking at the scrawny eleven-year-old boy beside her with crooked glasses and a funny scar, he hadn't felt much like a celebrity nor a great wizard. In fact, he was kind of a terrible wizard, but it was funny to watch him in their classes.

     And watch him, she did. Of course, that wasn't all she did. Eurydice was a writer and a huge reader which meant she got on well with Harry's good friend, Hermione Granger. The girl was absolutely revolutionary in her eyes and the two of them were fast friends as well. Still, even when Hermione was going on about the potion they were trying to make in Snape's absolutely dreadful potions class, her eyes kept drifting to whatever disaster Harry and Ron were making.

     "You know, Di, it might be helpful for you to pass this class rather than look at my dreadful friends because entertaining as it may be, it worries me for their literacy... or, well, lack thereof," Hermione snickered as she drew back her friend's attention with a small smile. They were just kids, so it wasn't like this behavior wasn't normal. Eurydice just liked Harry -- or rather, she found him peculiar. Something about a boy so unbothered by his own legend, absolutely nothing like the Defense Against The Dark Arts professor they had their second year.