07. A Wrinkle In Time

SEVEN A WRINKLE IN TIME

"Eurydice! Please tell the boys I'm not crazy for already having the potions essay done!" came Hermione's voice from over by the window. The girl had just been minding her business taking up the loveseat with a book in her hands, a muggle book Heloise had given her called A Wrinkle In Time. It was quite an interesting read and she had almost forgotten where she was until the Granger girl called her name. Since the incident with Katie Bell, there was a closeness that seemed to be ingrained in Hermione and Eurydice as if it was a... girls sticking together thing they mutually understood about it. Eurydice was just grateful to have a friend in her own house.

"I've started it, but please don't tell me you've finished!" Eurydice called back with a laugh, not looking up from her book. Her attention was re-directed when someone pulled the book from her hands.

"Meg smiled with pleasure," Harry read from the page with a smile on his face as Eurydice fought for the book. "She could feel herself blushing and she wondered if the blush would be visible in the moonlight — what's this about, Di?"

"It's about magic!" Eurydice explained as Harry laughed and handed her the book, "I love muggle interpretations of magic, so much more imaginative than we are! Who would've thought we just wear these silly old robes instead of big, magnificent ensembles? Rather boring, I say."

Hermione ran over, leaning over the back of the couch, "Is that A Wrinkle in Time? My mum read it to me when I was younger, you're going to hate the ending."

"Why would you tell her that, 'Mione?" Ron added with a scoff, "Now she's not gonna finish it!"

"Oh, calm down, I'll finish it," Eurydice shook her head as she placed her bookmark between the pages and held the book on her lap. It was strange to think about how quickly things had changed. Eurydice hadn't expected to grow closer with Harry this year, especially after last year's mistakes, yet here she was, being included in their conversations like she had always been one of their friends. "Sheesh, you guys are far too invested in my progress with this novel."

"Whatever, what're you writing for your potions essay? This one won't let us copy hers," Ron groaned and Hermione swatted him playfully. "Ow!"

Eurydice laughed as Harry motioned for her to move her legs so he could sit down next to her. She let him, turning to Ron and saying, "You are not copying anything from me — ask Harry, he's the new potions expert, isn't he?"

"Not with essays!" Harry whined, "It's like twelve inches of parchment to do!"

"That's nothing!" Hermione and Eurydice shouted at the same time before bursting into a fit of giggles.