1

She had lost count of how many abandoned houses she had been in now. With her powers continuously growing, it was far too dangerous to stay in one place. Harriet had almost been caught several times but that was the early stages of her hiding. It was like second nature to her now. She had changed up her look a little, to help her blend in and help her hide better. For example, her hair was now a platinum blonde instead of the light brown it used to be. This actually helped her to stay undercover so she wasn't complaining. It was almost completely dark which meant it was almost time for her to move again. She planned to go further out this time as nobody really looked on the outskirts. She wasn't complaining but it was pretty odd. Under the cover of night, in an all black outfit, she flew up into the air and hunted for her next cabin. Half an hour later, she found one she could stay in for a few days max.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She had the best night sleep she had had in a while. For whatever reason, this cabin comforted her. She didn't know if it was abandoned but it sure looked like it. She put on some normal looking clothes and left the cabin to go into central New York. Harriet was running low on food and water so she didn't really have a choice. She went by the name of Jessica when she was in public. It was way too risky to use her actual name and getting caught is definitely her biggest problem. Surprisingly, it was really easy for her to get supplies today. No queues, no questions and people only looked at her for her bright hair. She wasn't complaining. On her way back, she saw a family of 4, all laughing and happy. It brought her back to when she was younger, before she got her powers and before the incident. Of course, she deeply regrets what she did but it wasn't her fault. Her powers got out of control and well... It just happened. As soon as she felt a tear form, she looked away and continued to head back to her hideout. She wasn't a villain but with no explanation, it sure looked like it. And with an explosion like that, of course people were after her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She had gotten back "home" safely and just fell onto the sofa. She just wanted to go back to her old life so badly, without having to carry the guilt of killing her own family and being painted as a criminal. She silently took a small bite out of her sandwich before forcing herself to sleep, hoping this was all just a long, bad dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harriet had been woken up abruptly by someone or something touching her leg. Alarmed, she woke up to a female figure trying to pick her up. "Hey, what are you-" Harriet blurted out before the figure injected her with something. And just like that, she fell asleep while the figure continued what she was doing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hiii!! whoever is reading this, ty it really means a lot even if it is only one person. my dream is to be an author when i grow up and i just wanna have more experience as i do love writing! im not that well versed in writing the avengers characters so please just tell me if im writing one wrong, i want to try and get their personality right at least. but anyway, tysm for reading and ill try to get the second chapter done asap

<33