Rita rants on wattpadians 😁

Hello people of my generation, how are you feeling today?

I joined wattpad, on July 16, 2018, which is also my birthday date. I have to say, I have met a lot of people during this period, and I would like to talk about them.

📌 The read for read wattpadians - I have to admit, the first year of my stay in wattpad, I was among this people. Sending people private messages and asking them to read your book, telling them you will read theirs too. Funny thing, they won't read your book, they will just vote on all the chapters, for people who crave for votes, they are happy about this. But that's was old wattpad me, now I crave for the real readers, take your votes and go and chop it, just read my book and let me know your true opinion on it.

📌 Friends - Now, most of us all have friends on wattpad, they may not be that close to us, but we have connected to them in a certain way. This people will read your book and flood it with comments, now there is nothing really wrong with that, and they will help draw attention to your book. But what most of them won't tell you is the truth, they won't tell you the errors they spot here and there, they won't tell you what you lacked in certain areas, they won't tell you how your book is too unrealistic and badly cliché, they will only tell you what you want to hear.

I once gave a review on a girl's book, and she was shocked, she didn't expect such review, because her book has a lot of reads and vote and everyone says nice things. But they never told her what was really wrong with the book, and she didn't see this, till my review.

No one is perfect, and we are all still learning.

📌 The error pointers - This ones are usually found as your partners in bookclubs. Now, her job is to read your book, comment where she feels necessary, vote if she likes the chapters and go give a review on it. This ones will give the review in your comment section.

There should have been a comma here
#TEP

You should add more descriptions here
#TEP

Wrong spelling, it should be employment not emploimint
#TEP

For crying out loud, you don't need to state this in the comment section, he/she knows that surely their are errors in their book, all you should do as the reviewer is put this down in the review.

There were misspellings found in chapter five... Work on your punctuations especially in the beginning chapters... And also, your descriptions needs more touch.

Will it kill you to do that? It's like some people find joy in doing that, they actually read your book to gladly point out errors in your comment section. When those kind of people come to my book, I take note of what they have stated and delete their comment.

📌 Follower hugger - I have met someone that posted something like this in their message board

Please, I am loosing my followers, guys please help me get back to 1k followers

While, I was still in shock that their are people like this, someone commented

I have followed you with all my wattpad accounts and I have told most of my friends to follow you.

Seriously?! Wattpad isn't Instagram or Twitter or any other social media that people craves followers for popularity. Here in wattpad, people gain popularity from their books, not followers.

I have seen people with 12k followers and they don't have a book. There are people who follow a thousand people, when they have gotten the most votes they can from those thousands of people, they go back and unfollow them all. OK, let's just leave this ones.

📌 The silent readers - I will never know the reason why this people enjoy your book but never leave a vote or a comment, that's because I can't imagine myself doing that. Sometimes I think they have an organisation, where they maybe boast about the amount of books they have read and retained their ghosting personality.

📌 The undiscovered - This is about really good books that haven't gotten the attention they deserve. I have read a book, where the author has completed her book, it was interesting, punctuational, grammatical and misspellings were hard to find, but it hard less than two hundred reads.

Why? Why? Why? I asked myself this and I realised, people will always read what they want to read or what they are being pushed to read, leaving a lot of really good books.

📌 The Bosses - This people feel like the kings or  queens of wattpad, and it's not about the quality of their books, because if you go read some of their books, you ask, why does he/she gets the much attention (I am not saying I am perfect either, feel free to go check out the errors in my books). The funny things are the actual 'Bosses' who have really good books are the ones who keeps to themselves, they don't crave attention, but get them, because they deserve it.

But you see the other ones, they want to be heard by force by fire, they come to give you advice in your book, which may even be far better than theirs. Oh well...

📌 I don't have a title for this ones, but they are related to the ones above and the error pointers - This ones will tell you to check out their books to learn more on the genre you're writing. I see that as a big insult, if I want to learn more on the genre I am writing, I have the internet, who told you your book will teach me that? This ones feel like they are "nearly perfect" and they know all 😶

📌  The blind ones - You write in your personal info

I do not accept reading request, so please don't ask.

They will still come to your message board and say

Please check out my books when you find the time (then they add the link to their book)

Although, I have said I don't accept reading requests, if you come meet me privately, yes, I will check your book. But coming to my message board and doing that is something I am not really OK with. I think it's against wattpad rules. What annoys me the most is when they vote on all the chapters of your book before approaching you. Is that suppose to be... I didn't ask you to vote on my books, I owe you nothing. If you need an opinion or you're a new writer trying to gain awareness, send a private message and I will gladly help you, but my message board is something I don't agree with.

My fingers are paining me, feel free to add yours here ------>>>>