Chapter One: California, A Place of Dreams

Dream, well, that's what most people call him, stood at the very edge of the track. Motorbikes growled and zoomed passed him as he stood at the sidelines with his trusted mates.

"I haven't seen a track this big in Texas," Sapnap had said.

"Not in Florida, either," Dream had replied loudly over the sounds of motors, "I guess California just different."

George rolled his eyes, "At least you have tracks, I had to get on a two hour train ride back when I was in England."

"Sucks for you, man," Sapnap had said jokingly.

"Oh, sod off, Nick," George punched the Texan man on the side weakly.

"Ooohhh, you pissed him off, Sappy!" Dream teased.

"Guess I did, huh?" Sapnap nudged the taller man slightly.

A bright pink motorcycle zoomed straight passed them, they all watched it.

Dream had been on the sidelines for quite some time, and race after race he had noticed that only one motorcycle had always came on top.

The pink one.

Dream is an observer, an analysist.

Each turn, each brake, he had counted it all. It took no time to assume that whoever was behind the brightly coloured bike was no amateur, no wannabe like Dream had mostly seen.

This was the real deal.

"He doesn't know when to take it easy!" The man beside him had said.

"Who?" Dream asked.

"They call him Technoblade," The man chugged down a large amount of alcohol down his throat, "He has the highest consecutive win streak in the state with 78 wins."

The pink motorcycle raced passed them again.

The man cackled, "And that's 79 consecutive wins!"

"That good, huh?"

"Not just good, son, he's a legend," the man doozily said, "Nothing ever passes him, number one each time!"

Dream smirked.

"No, no, I know that smirk," George said as if it was a matter of factly, "You said that you're not riding today!"

"I've changed my mind," Dream had said grabbing his white helmet with a smiley face on it and put it on.

"Dude, George's right," Sapnap said, "We literally came out of the airport yesterday and you want to make trouble already? Man, at least wait a week."

"Sorry, I can't hear you over all this noise!"

Dream made a beeline to the entrance of the track with his lime green bike, he approached the pink rider.

"I want to race," Dream said solidly.

"With me?" The mans deep voice asked, "Not to brag, I don't think you'll last second in there, nerd."

"Wanna bet?" Dream smirked underneath his helmet.

He heard the man chuckle, "That's what racing about, isn't it, bets?"

"A thousand dollars."

"A thousand dollars?" Techno thought for a bit before replying, "May the best biker win."

Both men made their way to the starting line, their rides growling and roaring at eachother like beasts.

"What's your name, smiley," The pink man had asked.

The crowd outside the track roared and chanted.

"Dream, don't forget it," Dream said smiling.

"The name's Technoblade, good luck."

"I don't need luck."

FIVE.

"Better to have it than not at all, smiley."

FOUR.

"Whatever, pighead," Dream readied himself

THREE.

The crowd yelled and cheered.

TWO.

Nearly there.

ONE.

Both men propelled forward, their bikes growling as they accelerated for speed.

The race so far was neck on neck, one only slightly further than the other who soon quickly caught up.

Coming in front of them was a sharp turn to the left, Dream leaned on forward from his ride and readied himself for the turn. He didn't slow down.

The green man slightly looked to his side, watching carefully at his opponent's next move.

The pig turned his head to Dream way and gave him a little nod before speeding to the front.

Dream watched as the Techno's bike dove just barely above the black concrete and making the sharpest turn.

The green man had stared in awe from the back, motivation rose from the bottom up.

The pig's transition to the turn was smooth and perfectly timed, it just had the right enough speed for the bike to not tip over.

Dream became excited.

He had never seen anyone do that before, not George, not Sapnap, not anyone.

Dream made the turn and zoomed as soon as he did. Not bearing a single second to get caught up on the moment.

The other biker wasn't so far up ahead so Dream had decided to speed up in hopes of catching up.

Both bikers circled eachother with the finish line nearing them.

Nearly time.

Dream scooted near Techno, driving so close that their bikes might touch and it did.

Not on accident but on purpose.

Dream smirked as the other biker slowed down from the mere second impact but not tipping off entirely.

This race was nearing its end, its winner evident to see.

He was now only a few metres from the finishing line.

But it only took a second for Dream to realize that what he did was nothing more than a pure mistake.

He heard a motor, he turned around behind him but no one was there.

Dream turned his head up slightly and saw him, he saw Techno soaring above him on his pink bike.

Before the race could even begin, it was over.

The pig had landed perfectly in front of the green man, only mere metres away from the finish line.

And then the race was over.

Dream came to a halt right next to Techno who just leaned on his bike.

"Haven't had that much fun in a while," Techno said, Dream had just now realized how deep the man's voice is.

Dream couldn't think of anything to say but he didn't needed to, "I can say the same here, even though I lost."

"Like I said, you should have taken the luck I so have genorously given you," Techno said.

"I guess you're right," Dream extended his hand, "Race again sometime?"

"That would be nice."

Dream handed the money they had betted on to Techno. Techno flipped it in his hand.

"I guess, that's a good way to end the night, huh?" Techno said to no one in particular, "Welp, see you around, Dream."

And then he left.

Fuck, Dream was so dead.