TwENTY ThREE { punish }

TW // this chapter features graphic depictions of torture methods

as of this point, you've been warned.

"You've gone crazy," Jungkook said as he slammed the front door shut. Taehyung retreated to the living room, though it wasn't any safer there. Jungkook stormed in after him. He pointed to the couch. "Sit down."

"Why," he asked, defiant.

"Because I need to scold you for your stupidity." Taehyung didn't budge, standing his ground with his hands balled into fists at his sides. Jungkook tilted his head towards the couch, brow cocked, warning. "Sit."

His tone said enough. Albeit reluctant, Taehyung sat on the couch obediently. Jungkook came to stand in front of him, towering above him with his hands planted firmly on his hips in a power pose.

"Did you really think that I wouldn't have been able to find you?" he said. "I've been coming up here ever since I was five — I know everything there is to know about this place — and you didn't even know where you were going. Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

Taehyung lowered his head in shame, drawing his knees up to his chest.

"I mean—" Jungkook scoffed, incredulous and fuming at the ears. "—why the fuck would you do that again? I thought you already learned—"

"Sometimes I just wanna leave!" he cried, recoiling in on himself once the words left him.

"What are you—"

"Sometimes — sometimes you say things o-or you do things that I-I really don't like, and I can't handle it. And then I want to leave."

Jungkook sighed. "Am I only supposed to say the things that you want to hear? I can't do that. Sometimes you have to hear things you don't like—"

"No, no. I get that, but sometimes you're just mean for — for no reason. I-I don't like it when you're mean."

"This is about the 'baby' thing, right?"

Taehyung flinched at the mention of it, his face flushing with embarrassment from his ears down to his neck. They haven't talked about the incident in depth yet, and Taehyung never wants to. He wished it could be erased from his memory, and Jungkook's, forever.

"Look. Me being mean sometimes doesn't warrant you running away." Jungkook's voice was surprisingly soft. He crouched down to Taehyung's level and carded his fingers through Taehyung's hair, frowning when he flinched at the contact. "I just want to keep you safe. Leaving will never be an option."

Taehyung steeled himself to lean into Jungkook's touch, letting it comfort him. Jungkook was being too nice, especially after what Taehyung did. He knew Jungkook wasn't going to be this benevolent for much longer. He had to soak it in while he still could.

"Now are you going to be a good boy for once and stand up?"

"I-I don't want the bath," Taehyung whispered, screwing his eyes shut in dreaded anticipation. He knew what would come next.

He sighed as he pulled his hand away. "You're still getting the bath."

"Noooo!" he cried. "No, no, no, no, please—"

Jungkook snickered, probably not meaning to come off as rude, but it did. "You're not getting out of this."

"Please, please, no."