Chapter Three

Chapter 3
5:06am
Mari Chanel

Mari didn't get much sleep last night just thinking about the day ahead of her. New surroundings and practically getting ready to start a new phase in her life. She spent most of the night on her phone just doing the usual; watching youtube videos and scrolling on Instagram. By the time she realized it her alarm she had set in hopes of waking her up went off. It made her jump because she didn't expect it. Since she was already up and as comfortable in this bed as her own back at home she was able to get up with ease. She slid her feet in her Pink slides and swiped the key card off the hotel night stand so that she'd be able to get back in after she came back from getting the few things she needed from her parents room next door.

Mari turned the knob of her hotel door and stepped out making sure it closed securely before she turned and walked a few steps to her parents room. She knocked firmly so they'd be able to hear and took a slight step back and looking around the hallway seeing many people had do not disturb signs on their knobs. Probably getting freaky and shit. After a few seconds her parents door opened and her dad smiled down already dressed.

"We thought you'd be knocking over here much sooner like your sister did her first year." Mari's Dad chuckled and stepped to the side letting Mari walk in.

"Well. I didn't get much sleep. I would've but I thought y'all would be knocked out." Mari told her Dad honestly as she immediately walked over to the hotel rack grabbing a pink suitcase that was filled with the things Deandrea helped her yesterday morning.

"How could we sleep? Our babygirl is leaving us and we'll be leaving you in this big city alone." Mari's Mom chimed in when she walked out the bathroom handing Mari the flat iron. "Be careful how you hold this it's still hot I just finished."

Mari smiled at both her parents grabbing soap, her comb and hair brush, makeup bag and the clothes she had already picked out to wear for her first day on campus.

"Like you both said I'll be fine so y'all will be also." Mari said giving both her parents cheeks before walking with her Dad to the door. He held it open for her since her hands were full. "I'll come back here when I'm finished."

Mari walked out the room feeling her Dad watching her as she stuck the key card in her room. He was making sure she got inside safely. She knew this because when her door closed she heard his faintly close shortly after. Gotta love him though.

-

6:28am

After Mari was ready and completely dressed she did as she promised and headed to her parents room with all her things since they would be leaving within the next few minutes. Mari stuffed her toiletries back inside the suitcase and wrapped up the flat iron cord placing it in a compartment of the suitcase zipping it up.

"Alright I got my man Darrell again to help me." Mari's Dad came back with the boy that helped him when they had arrived yesterday.

"Good morning ladies." Darrell waved at both Mari and her Mother softly. "So your Dad tells me your going to NYU your first semester?"

"Yeah.. first semester." Mari repeated as Darrell shook his head.

"Alright man enough chatting let's get this out of here and loaded up. I wish we could take you with us to unload." Mari's Dad joked as they pushed the carts out the door with Mari holding it open for them.

"Daaadd!" Mari whined feeling a rush of embarrassment. Darrell wasn't that attractive his teeth were fucked up but he was a man with a dick that could be a potential stress reliever.

"Yes sir." Darrell laughed as they went down the hall. Mari let her mom go out first and then she shut the door starting to trail behind her family. As her father and Darnell headed outside, Mari and her mom stood at the front desk checking out. While mom was focused on paying on the keypad with her card Mari grabbed one of the white hotel cards and flipped it over to the blank side and wrote her number down to give to Darrell. Mari slowly slid the card off the counter and into her back pocket before her Mom glanced at her suspiciously. Damn she really did pay attention to everything even when she wasn't looking directly at me.