vince carter

A/N: Okay I know that Vince isn't in the bubble but I had this story laying around for a couple months and I didn't want it to go to waste. And he just retired man, he's a living legend. I also worked hard on this so hope you like it because a bunch of things relating to Vince are actually true. I know no know is out here asking for Vince Carter, but in the 90s he was serving looks

Word count: 3084

Woman that I envision as Catherine Grant. instagram : @/lisette

high school vince was a cutie 🥰

The year was 1998, Vince Carter was waiting for his name to be called

The year was 1998, Vince Carter was waiting for his name to be called. He worked his entire life just to get an opportunity here. But before Vince could be doing that, we have to go to the roots of his teenage years. The girl at his side through all of this was Catherine Grant. They met their junior year of high school when Catherine first moved to Daytona Beach.

Everyone knew one another in Mainland. They've all been growing up with one another since elementary school. It wasn't typical for new students to come to Daytona, but rising athlete Catherine Grant was there because of their prestigious track and field program.

"God, I know track is great and all, but I want to move back to New York. It's way too hot here, there's barely even air conditioning here." Catherine grumbled to herself while attempting to find the office. The halls were long and open, but the countless doors made it nearly impossible to find the office. Catherine was lucky that the school year hasn't even started, she was only there to get her schedule. After what felt like hours of trekking through the hallways, she finally found the office.

"Hello, I'm supposed to be a new student here. My name's Catherine," she told the attendance lady with a shy smile.

"Hi sweetheart, I've heard all about you. I'm Mrs. Shapiro. We here at Daytona are so glad that you're here to bring more life to our track and field program." Mrs. Shapiro replies, shaking Catherine's hand.

"Of course, it's my passion to be out there. My parents figured I would enjoy it more if I was in a sunnier place," she said chuckling.

"Speaking of your parents, where are they?" Mrs. Shapiro questions.