2. cj mccollum

Since last chapter was justice for Breonna Taylor, as of today (August 15th, 2020) there also has been no justice for Robert Fuller. If you didn't know already, he was found hanging by a tree in California on June 10th, 2020. His death is getting little to no news, many people that this was a hate crime believing that he was lynched. Go sign some petitions so his death can have a proper investigation. Anyways with the story, I made a short one due to the first 2 really long ones. Hope you like the short and sweet story :)

Word Count: 885

The Blazers organization was celebrating in defeating Memphis and clutching the 8th seed. It was already 10 o'clock at night and the staff already left, leaving only the players and a few of their friends still at Damian's suite just hanging around.

 It was already 10 o'clock at night and the staff already left, leaving only the players and a few of their friends still at Damian's suite just hanging around

"And here's a toast to CJ and Melo for being a different type of clutch today. This entire team really went through some blood, sweat, and tears to get here. I can't wait to watch you guys go further," Katrina said slurring the speech that she said to the team.

Katrina came only a week after all the teams showed up, and she's been hanging out with her childhood friends like Carmelo and Lebron. Which resulted in her getting closer to their teammates. In the short weeks she's been there, she was already getting close to CJ. They quickly bonded when Katrina redid CJ's braids and the rest was history.

At first, it wasn't even supposed to be a 'party', but when CJ and Melo brought their wines, some people were wilder than others. The of those people was Katrina, typically she would be able to control herself, but it was one of those nights to finally let loose.

"Katrina come on, let me take you to your room before you do anything stupid," CJ said, trying to calm down the woman. She was blabbering to Jusuf Nurkic about how to make the perfect grilled cheese sandwich.

"CJ — "Katrina started, trying to compose herself. "Let me get one more drink than you can take me back." Watching Katrina trying to convince CJ was the funniest part to the bystanders watching, with her over excessively flailing her arms around him.

"Nope. But you got 3 seconds before I pick you up and take you to your room," CJ sternly said.

"CJ, I know you're lying," she giggled, she knew about his back fracture. There's no way he would risk hurting himself for me, she thought.

"3," he started as he was dabbing his teammates up.

"CJ, don't I'm not playing," she laughed in nervousness, trying to get any help from his fellow teammates. "Melo! Tell him to stop playing," she pleaded to the veteran.

"This isn't my battle to fight KT," Carmelo told her. "You gotta do what you got to do."

With the no help she got from her childhood friend, she couldn't even properly think straight. She had to close her eyes and sit her butt down.

Before any part of her body could even touch the couch, she felt like she was getting hoisted up. Slowly opening her eyes, she thought she was still in Damian's suite with the rest of the team, but she was in her room with the very own CJ McCollum gently wiping off her makeup.

"Katrina, are you okay?" CJ asked her softy, as he stopped wiping her face.

"Is that really you CJ?" She asked him instead, she was still completely out of it and if she was making a fool out of a guy, she was catching feelings for she might just jump off a bridge.

CJ didn't think it was any harm to have some fun with her being shit faced, he thought it was adorable. When he was carrying her to her room, she kept mumbling about how someone was cute, and he was determined on finding out who she was talking about. Every part of him wanted that person to be him.

"No, it's Dame," CJ said laughing as he attempted to imitate his best friend.

With her eyes fluttering close she asked, "D, you gotta help me out with your friend. He is fine as hell for no reason."

"Which one are we talking about?" CJ asked her. Maybe it was Gary Trent he thought, he was a good guy. As she took a deep breath, CJ was on the verge of an anxiety attack.

"It's CJ man. He really makes my whole day I can't lie. I just wish he was here," she said unknowingly as she shifted her body away from him.

CJ was as giddy as could be, now all he had to do was not do anything to mess it up. "Katrina," he called out to her, "I'm right here."

As she slowly turned back, now with her eyes wide open, a huge smile overcame her face. "CJ!" She yelled as she threw her arms around him.

"Woah, Woah. Calm down there. I'm right here," CJ said impressed to see how fast her mood changed.

"Can you stay the night? Please. I'm lonely," she whispered, fronting her famous puppy dog eyes.

"Okay, I'll keep you company," CJ said, stripping off his shirt so he'll be comfortable.

"Oo are we gonna do sexy time? I think we're moving a little too fast CJ," Katrina said while admiring his body.

"Haha, you're so funny," sarcasm laced in his voice. "I respect you, Katrina, I won't ever do that." Climbing into the bed next to her, her arms wrapped around him are she held eye contact with him.

"Thanks for staying I really appreciate it," she whispered as he turned the lamp off that was next to the bed. Before he could reply, she was knocked out.

With his voice barely a whisper, "I really like you Katrina, but we'll talk more about it when you're sober." Kissing her lightly on the forehead before he drifted to sleep.