Fight to survive

Reinheart's POV

I dislike the dark ever since I was a child. I'd always imagine monsters running after me as soon as I looked away from a room shrouded in darkness, ready to pounce on me as soon as they got the chance. Well, now that I'm older, I just realized that the lights really didn't matter. Currently, me and Gea were in front of my house with me sticking the key inside the knob in order to open the locked door.

"It's my first time sleeping in someone else's house...well that's aside from my foster parents. I can't help but feel embarrassed." She said with a slight blush on her face but I just chuckled when I heard her cute reaction. "Don't worry, if you feel uncomfortable, I'll sleep on the sofa." I replied, twisting the key inside the knob, hearing a satisfying click as the locks on the door opened.

I gently opened the door seeing the living room bathed in darkness. My mind immediately started panicking, seeing monsters and different apparitions within the silhouettes of objects inside my home. I quickly hit the light switch, just beside the doorframe and after a few moments of flickering, the lights opened, dispersing the shadows that were creeping around the room earlier. Gea quickly walked past me, chuckling after seeing how fast I acted when I saw the dark.

"Ahaha, silly Reinheart. Do you actually think monsters like us would wait for the lights." Gea said, turning to face me as she shot me a playful wink. I walked over to the couch, being hit by what she just said. She isn't wrong, why should they wait? I sat down and sank into the couch, exhausted and tired of all the walking and revelations I saw today, especially seeing the things that happened to Gea before I met her. It really took quite a toll on me.

I was about to close my eyes and crash on the couch when I felt someone sitting beside me, to my right. I turned to see who it was and saw Gea who silently rested her head on my shoulder. "W-What are you doing?!" I exclaimed, my heart pounding loudly as she glanced at me. "Don't you like it, we did this on our date right and now that I can finally see you and be with you, I get to do this!" She said, cheerily charging into me as she wrapped me in a tight hug.

"Wait Gea!! Shouldn't we get to know each other better first!!" I replied, trying my best to push her off me but to no avail. After a few moments of that heart racing hug, she finally let go with a smile on her face. "Stupid Reinheart... Don't you know me enough already...I know what you've seen when I bit you. I'm surprised you aren't disgusted of me yet..." She said, looking at the ceiling while her thoughts consumed her mind, but instead of letting her wallow in these thoughts, I held her hand.

"Idiot...I'm not saying I'd leave you. I just want to take it a bit slower and fall for you. This time, with no restrictions. We'll get through whatever this event is and after that, we'll be finally together, with your wish granted." I said, smiling at her as I patted her head. I don't want Gea to doubt herself, it's just that the sudden closeness surprised me. For a date, well it would've been ok, but for day to day? I'd like to adjust from being a loner for 14 years, thank you very much.

"Alright thanks for that...I know! Why don't we have a nice dinner, to celebrate my arrival and the two of us being together in this event. I'll cook!" She exclaimed, standing up and walking to the kitchen with a smile on her face. I quickly panicked remembering that I only had a few veggies and cup noodles in store. What would she think of me when she sees the only diet I've had for almost ten years?! "Do you want anything Reinheart?" She continued as I scrambled towards my fridge,afraid of letting her know of my bad diet and unhealthy diet.

Gea turned around while I  assumed that she'd probably check the contents of my refrigerator. She took a few glances before seeing me blocking the door to the fridge. But instead of flaring up in anger, she just sighed, gently massaging her forehead with her eyes closed. "Let me guess, the contents of the fridge are probably only processed food?" She said, glaring at me with her glowing blue eye.