4.

Spending time with my Ishaan, is the best thing of my life.

“Mumma, aaj na maine aapki drawing banayi”, he said excitedly through the camera.

Arre waah... Zara dikhana”, I baby talked him and he flashed a white paper on the screen.

There were a few network issues due to which, it wasn't quite visible at first, but then it was clear.

I smiled seeing at it. It was imperfect like every drawing of any four -year old. The borders were in red pencil color. It was just a triangle body with circular head and lined hand and legs.

I stifled a laugh and said, “Arre waah... Chote ustat bohot jaldi sikh gye”

He grinned at me.

“Is that you?”, I hear the voice of Nikhil and jump a little. He was bent down near my shoulder looking at the camera with amusement.

I could see Ishaan frown a little with curious eyes.

Yeh meri mumma hai... ”, he said with utter sweetness.

Haan Haan... Bilkul unki tarah hi banaya hai aapne”, Nikhil said and I could see the muscle at the corner of his lips tick, meaning that he too was stifling a laugh.

Ishaan grinned happily.

“Mumma, maine na aapke liye booooohoooottt saari drawings banayi hai, jab aap wapas aaogi, tab dikhaunga... ”, he said extending his hand to both the opposite sides.

Arre... Baad main kyun? Abhi dikhao na... Hum bhi toh dekhe zara... ”, Nikhil said and I could catch the tease behind his words.

Fine, if he wanted to mock me. Haa!

Nahi, woh sirf mumma k liye hai, uncle... ”, he sweetly said and I barely held a laugh at the 'uncle' part.

I looked at Nikhil who was frowning.

Beta, aap mujhe bhaiya bulao... Uncle sounds like I am some fifty years old..”, he said, still frowning.

Toh aapki age kitni hai uncle?”, he asked.

Okay, that's it... Can I just go ahead and laugh?

He frowned a little more.

Twenty seven”, he informed.

Ishaan began counting something on his fingers.

Hawww.... Toh aap mere se twenty three years bade ho? Phir aap bhaiya kaise?”, Ishaan asked and... I give up!

I laughed at it.

Because I am not as old as your grandpa”, he scowled.

Ishaan looked at him with hesitation.

“Nikhil, what the fuck are you doing meddling with the rookie? I need help here!”, I hear Darshan yelling but Nikhil ignored him. Darshan sounded furious. Almost like, if anyone would get in his way, he would kill them.

I hear furious steps my way.

“Nikhil!”, his voice boomed from behind me.

I looked at him. He was utter serious!

“Mumma, yeh uncle Kon hai?”, Ishaan asked, cowering behind Natasha. Maybe, he heard his furious yelling.

His gaze turned and fell on the screen.

Woh mere friend hai”, I said.

Darshan looked calmed now. Maybe, he didn't want to scare off the little child.