10.

The next morning, I hurry to the hospital to get Nikhil as soon as possible.

"Nikhil nikhil nikhil", I chanted his name as I saw him walk past the corridor.

As I caught sight of him, I held his hand causing me to swing around along with him due to my momentum.

"See, I want a vacation for three days", I said in one breath.

"What? Why?", he asked surprised.

"I need to see my son and shootings can't resume until Darshan is okay, so is it fine for me to take a leave for a week or so?", I asked.

"Firstly, you said you wanted a leave for three days. Secondly, I wouldn't mind but I will need to talk to the producer. I will have a talk with him and then let you know", he said and I thanked him whole-heartedly.

Jumping in happiness, I walked in Darshan's room to check upon him.

Ashray was still sleeping and Darshan was reading some kind of magazine which had him at the front page. Seriously?

Should I call him self obsessed or obnoxious?

"You look happy", he commented without looking up from the magazine.

"I asked Nikhil if I left for a few days to see my son and he agreed", I say, already acting like a kid just before summer vacation.

"It all depends on the producer though", he said and I nodded.

"Listen", he called out. "If you go to your son, take Ashray with you. He will get bored with me. Moreover, he should be with children his age", he said and I looked between him and his son, utterly confused because of his words.

The little boy looked so peaceful in sleep.

"Darshan", I called out for him.

"Yes?", he asked.

"Do you think Ashray is enjoying his childhood?", I ask the question that has been weighing my mind since long.

His lips form a grim line before answering.

"I don't think so. I want him to run around freely and behave like a free bird but he stays caged. Like he is acting to act mature and understanding for things that shouldn't concern him. He is just... Acting to be perfect from such an age. At this age, you shouldn't be caring about the world. But this boy... I don't know why... Just looks like a reflection of me and to be honest, it scares me", he sighs running a hand through his hair.

The relationship between Darshan and I is changing. At least he isn't humiliating me any longer and also, he is talking to me. I don't know if it's his situation taking a toll upon him, or he is letting his walls down for me, but I am happy that I am not getting to assume things.

Although, he still acts rude in between, I guess, it's to hide his true emotions at that time. He doesn't want to be explored. He wants to stay closed-off.

"Well then, I would", I reply and smile at him. "But, why don't you leave him to your wife? After all she is his mother—", my question is cut short by his answer, "I don't trust her"

His eyes are solid, not moving for even a second. His face stoic, devoid of any emotion; and it's his emotionless face that makes me jump back in fear for a second.

And adding to that, his look scared me to the core.

"Why?", nevertheless I asked. What's the worst that can happen?

He was still not looking at me or meeting my eyes.

"None of your business to get your legs in. Just do as I say. Seriously, how difficult is that for you?", he says facepalming himself.