Preface

Sections titled for convenience so you can skip stuff

Setting
This is a collection of short stories about children at The Hermit Crab's Shell. The Hermit Crab's Shell, more often just referred to as The Shell, is an orphanage that takes in children from all over the world, who had hard lives, and gives them a new life. The Shell is on an island which children never leave, slightly ominous, but the campus has everything they need to thrive.
Authors Motivation
I spend time with many diverse people, many in bad situations. I often fantasized about being able to take my friends from their hard lives and just being on an island together with no worries, this dream produced the setting for this story. I decided to use the setting to tell stories of emotion, I learned about emotions from hearing real stories, so im sharing fictional stories about real feelings and real things that happen to people. I'm hoping we can all learn to understand eachother better from this.
Trigger Warnings
I discuss a lot of sensitive topics, so I leave a notice at the beginning of every story of what will be discussed. That way you know what you're getting into before you read it.
Authors Notes
Skippable authors notes at the end of each story share glimpses of why this story exists and my mindset writing it.