Chapter 21: The Misunderstanding { Aaron POV }

Bethanny had been acting weird ever since we got to Spokane.

At first I thought she was just annoyed because we were in some random city and the tour was getting boring. So I went all out planning a big day. And we were having a good time until I offended her on the ferris wheel. We'd gotten stuck and I tried to hold her hand. She pulled away,  eying me like I was a creeper. I hadn't meant it as a sexual gesture. But still I felt bad for freaking her out.

That night we were staying in the same suite, and her dad was next door. Nolan and the band were at their concert; Bethanny had been hiding in her room. I was going to sleep out in the front area of the suite, like I had been all summer. It was only nine, but I felt restless. Still, I was also bored and tired form being on the road.

"Beth," I knocked on her door. She cracked open the door and popped her head out.

"Hey," she said, eying me curiously.

"Hey I was going to take a shower and go to bed," I said. "I just thought you should know. "

Her eyes got wide as if I'd said something scandalous. 

"Why would I need to know if you were going to be in your bed?"

"I don't know," I chuckled.  "Maybe you wanted to do something before I went to sleep."

She'd wake me up if she left her room. It made perfect sense to me.

"What would I do?" She asked. "Is there something you want me to do?"

Was she having an aneurysm?

"Not unless you wanted to do something," I said. "Whatever you want Beth. I'm going to go shower, ok?"

She just nodded quietly, blushing for some reason. I didn't know why. I showered off and put on some shorts and a t shirt, and then I climbed in my bed. I settled in and turned the alarm on my phone and went to set it on the pillow beside me. Someone was there, though. I felt a woman's hair and face.

"Beth? " I asked incredulously.

"Hi," she said, a bit shyly. "This is what you wanted, right?"

She pulled close to me and wrapped her arms around my waist and suddenly something sunk in. Had I said something to indicate that I wanted to sleep with her? She ran her hands over my chest and I felt my body reacting, but I shook my head. I could not loose control;  I couldn't let this happen.

"I don't understand what's going on," I said.

"I know Aaron. If you weren't clear enough with the gifts, then the hint gave you away. Did I want to do something in your bed.... only if I wanted it. I was a little surprised but I want it Aaron.  I want you."

"What?" I said. "This is clearly a misunderstanding."

I flipped on the lamp and my eyes widened. Beth was half naked, covered up only with a red Lacy bra and matching bottom. My eyes got lost for an instant before my brain could react. Maybe I can justify it by saying I'm only a man, but I looked. I looked her up and down and felt my temperature rise.  It would be so easy for me just to pull her into my arms and take her. I was crazy about her; she wanted this. God she looked beautiful. 

But no matter what I felt, it was wrong. She'd regret, maybe not now, maybe not a year from now. But someday she would. So I had to push her away. I had to do the right thing.

"Beth you need to put clothes on, NOW."

"But..." Her face flushed. "Don't I look...don't you like it?"