Chapter 6 - Unfair Placement

Callie's Pov

Ashley had scolded Hayley for cursing in front of me, smacking her head. They bickered about it until my ears bleed and I wanted to release Magnus from his newly-bought green crate, so he could maybe bite them and make them shut up.

I couldn't do it right now though, because I knew better than to let him loose on a moving vehicle. In one second he'd have us crashing because he molested the driver.

I giggled to myself every time Magnus would cry out, pawing at his crate, and looked at me with his big yellow eyes. The poor thing would end up traumatized by cars.

After a moment of silence, when Magnus' cries subsided, the two older women silently returned to their argument. Hayley shrugged and told Ashley that cursing in front of me wasn't that big of a deal and I agreed with a nod. I was an adult after all. That's what I told them.

But Ashley's face fell when I said that. Simply looking at me from her seat left to me with a slight frown, she rubbed her temples.

With their fighting presumably over, Hayley took her phone out and began answering some texts while Ashley released a small puff of air. She turned to me, as best as she could having her seat belt in the way, and held eye contact with her light grey eyes. "Do you seriously believe that?" Her melodic tone would have been enticing to others, inviting, almost. The warmness of it was comforting.

I tried, really tried to not take offense on her comment. Tried to respond with the same tranquility she gifted.

 In the end, I couldn't contain myself.

"Yes," I said, my voice harsh. "I've come of age, and I took my test. I'm an adult and I don't need you or anyone else to tell me what to do with my life." I did take offense on her comment. It didn't matter to me if she was trying to be nice or welcoming. I didn't want her, them,  in my life and I had to make it clear. "You can't have me and you," I said pointing to Hayley, who seemed surprised to be brought up, "you can't command me."

She was shocked, and I understood why. So far Hayley hadn't done anything to bother me. But she was a Domme, it was only a matter of time before she started spewing orders left and right and expected me to follow them. I wasn't having that.

Long minutes of silence passed. None of them knew what to say. Ashley avoided looking at me for the next of the ride and Hayley returned to her phone on the front row, the uncomfortable atmosphere never leaving us.

I was looking out of the window, seeing how the car parked neatly at the entrance of the hotel. Someone cleared their throat. "Um, we're here," The male voice said making me jump. I forgot the driver was there the whole time. He shut the engine off and opened the door for Ashley and me. Hayley also got out of her seat. "I hope you three have a nice stay." The driver awkwardly waved goodbye and left in his car.

We had to find a pet-friendly hotel, the animal kind of 'pet'.

Hayley and Ashley walked behind me in the lobby. They were carrying my bags, two backpacks filled with my few clothes and personal belongings. I grabbed one milk chocolate treats resting on the receptionist's desk. He smiled immediately when he saw me and leaned down to face me. I wasn't even short.

"Well hello, little one! Are you excited to have fun in this awesome hotel?"

"No"

I popped the candy into my mouth and flicked the wrapping to the trash can, missing by far. Before he could say anything Ashley placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled at him. "Sorry about that, she's a little grumpy right now. You know how these things are, right?"