A Visitor

For the past few days, Ginny become dormant after the incident. She would just stay in her room all day except for their meals and lessons on alchemy, which require her to be in gear and in the underground laboratory of the Flamels. Nico, after two days of bed rest and potion finally managed to walk up and down the house with his clutches. He would often visit Ginny in his bedroom where they would talk, well not really talk since Ginny would only nod to whatever Nico is saying. After the fifth day of Ginny's brooding, Nico knew that he has to take action so he approached his foster father in his study that night.

"Dad?" he peered in his father's doorway

Nicholas looked up from his papers and smiled warmly at Nico, "Come in, son"

Nico went inside his dad's office and sat in one of the chairs in front his dad desk, "What are you working on?"

"Since I was unable to teach you yet about the Philosopher's stone, I am updating my strategy on teaching it." Nicholas paused, "But I assume that it is not the thing that you want to talk about."

"It is not," Nico admitted, "It's Ginny, I'm worried about her"

"We are too" Nicholas admitted then sigh, "But I understand what she's feeling-"

"Dad Mr. Auclair deserves it-"

"Nico!" Nicholas cut his son urgently, "Having blood on your hands, whether that person deserves it or not, is a very delicate matter. Ginny is a good child and I know that if you were in her place too you would feel the way she's feeling. It's easy to wish death on someone but initiating the spill of blood have its consequences on your morality and conscience"

Nico was stunned after his father's speech, he always thought that the world is black and white, evil and good but he never considered the consequences of each decision and action. Nicholas stood up from his desk and went to sit beside Nico then he put one hand on Nico's shoulder making him look at his dad's grim expression.

"You and Ginny shouldn't have experienced those things but it is a cruel world and no matter how hard we try to protect it from you, there are instances like that. However, I wish your mom and I could do better at our job in shielding you." Nicholas explained with guilt in his voice

"Dad it's never yours nor mom's fault, it's them" Nico smiled comfortingly at his dad

Nicholas ruffled Nico's hair playfully then side hug him, "Don't worry too much about Ginny, I called someone to come in tomorrow and I'm sure it would help Ginny"

"Thanks, dad" Nico gave his dad one last hug before limping his way out of the room and into his bed.

The next day, Nico casually waltz into Ginny's bedroom and swiftly pulling the curtains, letting the sun rays heat Ginny's face. Ginny groaned in annoyance and covered her face with a pillow. 

"Come on Gin, wake up, we got a surprise for you!" 

"Shut up Nico" Ginny replied, throwing one of the pillows at Nico's face (which hit its mark) and burying herself deeper into her comforter. 

"I guess you are still not a morning person then, Ginny" Professor Dumbledore entered the room 

Delighted by Professor Dumbledore's appearance, Ginny swiftly ran towards him and tackled him into a hug. The old man happily catches her in his arms, bones complaining at the sudden weight. Nico watch in amusement, this is the first time that he has seen Ginny smiled after the incident. 

"I'm so  glad to see you!" Ginny pulled back and stared into the professor's eyes

"I'm sorry it took so long, I have errands to run" Professor Dumbledore ruffled Ginny's hair affectionately. "Now that I'm here, I was hoping you could tour me around Paris"

Ginny squealed excitedly, "We could watch plays or visit the Eiffel tower or--" then it dawned on her, her face returned to its expressionless one, "We can't, it's not safe for them"

Nico was about to say something but Professor Dumbledore beat him to it, "Ginny listen, I know what has been going on for the past few days and I understand how you feel."

"You don't understand, I killed a man" Ginny argued, tears now forming by the edge of her eyes.

"I do, I may have some bloodstain on my hands too" Professor Dumbledore replied, raising his hand as if to prove his point. "It is never easy to take another one's life but this is your life now--"

Nico wanted to say something, he did not expect that this was what the wise wizard would say to his traumatized friend.

"You are in charge of protecting Harry" Professor Dumbledore continued, " and in doing so, you will be forced to take more lives just to keep him safe. It isn't right but it is what is needed to be done. If you haven't killed that man, he would be on the loose right now probably endangering your friend Nico and the Flamels."

Ginny found his words somewhat straightforward but comforting. She realized he was right, as Harry becomes more mature he would encounter more danger and it would be up to her to protect him at all cost, even if it means she would be ending someone's life.

"You're right" Ginny sigh, "As always"

"Now cheer up and let us journey through the streets of Paris" 

For the first time, Ginny finally reconciled with the fact that she killed someone but a pang of tiny guilt still remains etched upon her heart. Nico feeling ecstatic about regaining his friend proceeded to ushered the two into the streets of Paris with his foster parents in tow still on their guard. By the end of the day, the Flamels, Ginny, and Professor Dumbledore shared a lovely dinner at the rooftop, eating with joyous laughter and celebrating the partial recovery of Ginny.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note: Hallo! I know this is a bit short but I am currently hammered by my school activities but I will try to update more. I promise the next chapters would be more promising. Thank you for reading and keep safe.

-bluewriter