Lost kitten

Third POV :

Shinso was having a pretty crappy day. His job as a bank clerk was running a lot slower than usual, and his social battery had just about run out. Shinso sighed as he walked down the cracked sidewalks, with his tie hanging loose, the top buttons of his shirt undone and a small satchel hanging from his side. As he continued to walk, he spotted a big cardboard box that read 'free kitten'. The small box had peaked his interests, and he approached the box, curiosity getting the better of him. He peered down to see an unusual blonde kitten with a peculiar lightning strike, almost exactly lining up with its left war. The kitten looked up at the boy and mewed quietly, as if curious as well.

Shinso POV:

I smile to myself and kneel down, leaving my hand in the box far away from the small kitten; not to startle it. "Hey there little guy what are you doing out here?"  I watch as the kitten backs away from my hand and into the corner, looking up at my with his big glossy eyes shaking. "M-mew..."

"Hey hey, it's ok! I'm not gonna hurt you~ Are you hungry? I have some food with me?". I reach my other hand into my bag pulling out a half eaten sandwich, tearing the meat out from the middle. "Here... eat this." I place the meat in the center of the box and sit, awaiting for the small cat to open up.

It looks at the food then back up at me, then slowly crawls over to the food; sniffing it. I smile watching its eyes widen and gobble the slice of ham up. And as soon as it finishes, it runs towards me and makes a quiet mew sound, as if asking for more.

I chuckle and raise an eyebrow. I bring my hand to its small figure and slowly pet him,  "Hungry are we? Don't worry, I'll take you home, and I'll give you some more food, water and then maybe a nice bath~"

Denki POV:

I lightly purr, feeling the lavender haired boy pet me, before I hear the word bath. My eyes go wide, and I immediately retreat, hissing all at the same time. The boy raises his hands up in defense. "Ok ok! No bath! I won't give you a bath..." Even with his words, I eye him suspiciously before strutting towards him again. "Mew..." He smiles, and wraps his warm hands around me, picking me up off the ground.

I watch as the box grows further away and I'm soon up in the air. I frantically look around excitedly as we begin to move forward down the road. I look up to the male, curious as of where we're going. He brings his hand to my head, scratching my head. "Don't worry little one, I'm gonna take you to my apartment and we're gonna clean you up." I sigh internally.

'Good... no bath...'

I smile, pressing myself up against him trying to find some warmth. He looks down at me and smiles softly, and when I look away from him, it's like the entire scenery has changed. The green grass surrounds us as we approach a building with so many doors, it's hard to keep count.

'231, 232, 233...'

We stop at the number 233, and his free hand reaches into his pocket, the sound of jangling keys echoing through the hallways. My ears perk up at the sound, and I lift my head to see bright purple fur balls, and some bright yellow keys, fitting just right into the keyhole of the door. My eyes focus on the yellow object,, and I lean forward in awe, pawing at them. "Woah!" 

I almost fall to my demise before the man catches me out of instinct. He pulls me close to his chest as I continue to paw at the keys. "Kitten you gotta be careful!" I blur out his words and continue to paw at them against his hand.

Shinso POV:

I chuckle watching the small kitten playfully paw at my hands, trying to reach my keys. "Those are my keys little one, you can't play with them~"  I say cooingly, trying to quickly unlock the door to my apartment and put the keys away. The blonde cat stops pawing and looks up at me, it's eyes glossed over. A smaller erupts from the kitten and my heart starts aching.

"Kitty I can't let you play with them...you could choke or something..." I open the door, revealing my apartment on the inside. The first thing you see is the living room with the couch facing the tv on the wall and a small coffee table in front of it. Next to the living room was the kitchen. It wasn't big but it wasn't small either. Perfect for one person. It had an open wall to see into the living room. On your way to the kitchen there's a hallway which leads to a bathroom and a bedroom with a queen sized bed and another bathroom inside. I smile. 

'Home'

I set the kitten down in the living room, and walk onto the kitchen. "You can wander around if you want little kitten?" My face starts to hurt from smiling, since I'm not very used to it, but it never fades, as I open the fridge getting food for the small cat.

Denki POV:

As I'm put down, I look up at him as he walks into the what I suppose is the kitchen. The moment he's out of sight, I chuckle to myself and walk around on my tiny paws.

' Everything is so big when I'm like this...'

I think to myself as I squabble around looking for something to keep me busy.

Sooner or later, I find my way to the shoe rack, eyeing the shoelaces, getting low to the ground as a predator would. I slowly approach the target, a growl like pur makes my body vibrate as I count to three.

'One... two... three!'

I hiss and mewl as I tackle the shoelaces, pawing at them with my clawless paws rapidly. I hear a low chuckle from behind me and don't even bother turning into I'm suddenly picked up.

"Kitten those aren't toys!" I hear the boy say, chuckling and smiling down at me. I begin to pout, and give a small whine in response.

'Awe... I was having fun...'

I think to myself, as we walk to what I assume is his room. He places me down on the bed along with a bowl of milk and the same meat he had givin me earlier. My stomach starts to growl with no hesitation as soon as my eyes meet the food. Without thinking twice about it, I once again devour the meat.

I jump in surprise, feeling his weight lift up of the bed, and I look up at him as he gets up, heading out the room. "I'll be right back kitten I'm gonna get some food my myself." He chuclled as he walks out completely. When he closes the door a small breeze catches wind, causing me to sneeze. I shudder and sniffle, taken aback by the sudden outburst.

When the purple haired boy comes back he has a sandwich in hand. He freezes as soon as our eyes meet, his face turning a bright red. With his free hand he pulls out a pocket knife from within his pocket.

"W-Who the hell are you?!" He yells, setting the sandwhich down.

I tilt my head in confusion. "what do you mean?" My eyes widen as human words come from me. I look down at my naked body, blushing as I cover myself. I look back up to him as he approaches me with the knife and I back away, scared. I gulp, beginning to tremble, turning back into my cat form out of habit. His jaw drops along with the knife, which makes a clatter sound when it hits the ground.

I take this moment to run and hide under the pillows of his bed. "M-Mew..."

THANK YOU FOR READING

(1368 words)