💙 wave blue my dudes 💙

"It comes and goes in waves,
And carries us away"

She watched, the waves lapping at her ankles as the tide reached for the shore. Each wave brought a refreshing sensation, the water at its chilling temperature.

In contrast to the sea, the sun was shining down radiantly, complementing as well as combating the iciness of the tide. It broke through the abyss of sky blue above, until it hit the mass of wave blue below.

And the sand, light and white, heated by the sun and perfect for a walk. Closer to the edge of the shoreline, the sand was damp and darkened, slowly moving farther back as the waves drew closer and closer.

Along the shore, she walked, a steady pace to match the beat of the water and follow the breeze that flowed on the coast. And as she walked, she watched, the seagulls flying around in search of their next chance for food, the surfers swimming through the waves, the children playing in the sand, and the families setting up their spots for the day. It was noisy and had the usual chaos at each situation, but somehow it was peaceful.

Somehow, the beach had a peaceful atmosphere, the music of the beach giving a wonderful vibe. She had no correct way to explain it, but there was definitely something.

The waves crashed onto the sand, a noise that filled the majority of the air, while the breeze blew lightly with its own whispers. The people who stayed were a crucial part of the music as well, contributing their chatter and conversations to melt into the scene, restoring a friendly nature to the sight.

And in the midst of the sounds, there was a feeling, connecting the pieces and creating a melody out of it all. With that feeling surrounding her, she continued. She continued along her walk, alone, but not lonely as she felt the presence of everything there.

It was not only her, she had company with the waves crashing on the shore, and the sandy textures below her feet, as the sun and breeze worked together to encircle her, and she knew she could never feel true loneliness here.

For she was in a place she knew she belonged. So many times she had come here, starting when she was little and first brought to the waves. How scary they had been at that time, knocking her over and terrifying her out of her mind. To the times she came with her friends and family, and although the people were almost never the same, every trip could still have just as great of a meaning to her. Up until the times of now, where she knew not of who she was, but did know where she was, and that would be enough for her.

Because as long as there would be waves to bring her back to the ocean, she knew she could always return, with the feeling that she was home.

So as the sand tickled her feet, she took all of it in. She witnessed the waves receding, revealing the beautiful shells that lay below, tucked as hidden treasures from the sea floor. The small crabs coming here and there, scurrying around to shelter. Fishes could be seen deep into the sea, farther beyond the surf point. There, sailors would ride their boats on the water, experiencing the other end of the tide we felt here. The people enjoying the company of the beach as well, creating sand castles and swimming at the edge of the ocean.

It was frightening, the fact that any wave could take her out at any moment, make her captive to the rush of the current. Yes, it was frightening, and she could admit the thought would always linger in her brain no matter what. But sometimes, that drew her even closer to it, the fact that she could be washed away with the coming tide and brought away from the troubles of this world, escaping it with the refreshing waves and being rid of the worries for whatever lay ahead tomorrow.

She stayed, knowing the truth of everything, and enjoyed it nonetheless.

In line with the rhythm of the sea, she waded in the waters, walking into the waves as they crashed onto her and passed, the level getting deeper as it rose above her waist. She continued, going deeper as she could finally swim, and deeper she swam, the push and pull of the current making it even more captivating. One with the tide she would become, as it reached higher points on the level of the sand, as it moved with the sun that set on a cotton candy sky, preparing for the first darkness of the night to come.

The colors painted a beautiful picture, with an orange sun accenting the swirls of pink and purple in the sky, to be in contrast once more to the ocean which was now a deep, dark, and wave blue.

And as long as she could be one with the waves, she would be home.

(A/N: soooo heres my writing, sorry for the strange transitions lol. i hope u enjoy and have a nice day!! stay lovely darlings )