Chapter 6

Glenn's POV:

At this point we've been walking for almost a week and we're all tired. We stay in little houses along the way but they're far too dangerous to hold up in. I just don't know if we'll ever find a place. Just about everything is taken or full of walkers, but we still keep looking. Eventually we'll have to stop... but where is the question.

Maggie seems a little off lately. She hasn't talked much since the house being overrun. I guess she's just scared is all. I've tired to talk with her but she just nods or shakes her head. I've gotten Tara to try too, but no luck.

I grab her hand and intertwine our fingers. She looks up at me with a sad little smile and tears in her eyes. We walk like this until we get to a pond, where we stalk up on water.

"I don't think I can do it anymore" she mumbles to me.

"Can't do what?" I ask in confusion.

"Life."

"Maggie what the hell are you talking about?"

"After Beth I didn't think I could live on, I thought I'd never get over her. I was right, I never truly will. I should've been there... to save her I mean, but instead I was on this quest to help this stranger,who turned out to be a fake, get to Washington."

"There was nothing you could do, the woman was just not who Beth thought she was."

"Then tell me why do I feel so helpless? Like maybe I could've done something."

"Maggie don't do this. Don't feel guilty for something that isn't your fault. You know it's not your fault. Please I know it's hard, my whole family is gone too. Just don't give up on me. Okay? Promise?"

"Okay. I promise."

I put my arms around her and then grab her hair with my hand. She sinks her face in my chest and sobs. I pull her in closer and hold her tighter. I don't know what else I can to but just to hold her.

I walk over to Tara and tell her what Maggie told me but leave out the things that she might want to tell Tara herself. I ask her if she will keep an eye out for her as well and she nods. She really likes Maggie. She's just about the only friend she has and I'm so grateful. Yeah the whole group we consider our friends, but she is different. They look to each other for help with anything and everything.

It's almost the end of the day and there isn't a house in sight. Carl is starting to get a little frightened as well as the rest of us. We look and look until the sun is just about down when Daryl points out a small camp. We run towards it and make sure no one is there or has been there for a while, we don't want any trouble.

We find a few dead ones and place away from the tents and kill another few walkers, but place them a little closer so other walkers can't smell us. We find a rope and and some car rims, so that if someone or something tries to come in we can hear them. It's surrounding the entire camp and we've wrapped it around twice.

There are 7 tents. The first one for Maggie and I, another for Rick, Carl, and Judith, forwho we found a small bed for. The next for Michonne, Daryl, and Carol. Then there is one for Tyreese and Sasha. Another for Tara, Rosita, and Abraham. The last 2 are for Danny and his wife Jennie, and finally Aubrey, Noah, and Father Gabriel.

I'm surprised he lasted this long, Father Gabriel I mean. I guess Rick does a good job of protecting him.

Abraham and Tara had late watch and the rest of us got to sleep. Everyone went into their tents, and once I got into mine Maggie was already in there. I just laid myself behind her and held her close to me. I can tell she wasn't asleep but I didn't want to bother her.

"Glenn?" she calls.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"It just feels really good having this. You, I mean."