03. argo ii (official tour)

[ ACT TWO , CHAPTER THREE ]
ARGO ii  ( OFFICIAL TOUR ).

‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

Once the vessel evened out, Cassie climbed to her feet. She stumbled towards the edge and looked out over the side. The valley in which Camp Jupiter was hidden slowly faded into the distance. She couldn't bear to look over the edge for too long, her fear of falling getting the best of her. There was a horrible feeling in Cassie's gut as she turned back towards everyone else.

"What was that?" Piper asked, rubbing her eyes.

Percy pointed an accusing finger at Leo, who lay face down on the deck. "Leo just blew up New Rome, that's what happened."

Leo was probably trying to defend himself, but all he could manage were groans. Whatever happened to him, assuming he didn't shoot up New Rome on purpose, must have been bad.

"No." Piper gasped. "That's impossible. Leo wouldn't."

"It could have been Octavian," Frank suggested, "He was up here too."

Percy shook his head. "I was. thinking the same thing, but he already told us it wasn't him." he opened his mouth to continue, but Annabeth swooped in, challenging anything he was about to say with a glare.

"Piper's right, Leo wouldn't do something like this," she said, "not on purpose. We'll wait for him to regain his composure and then we can ask for his side of the story."

"Uh... what. happened to him?" Frank asked, pointing at Jason. He still hadn't got up or shown any signs of consciousness. There was an enormous, swollen welt on his  forehead, a patch of blood dried around. it. He was unnaturally pale and his purple cape was torn to shreds. 

Cassie winced. She almost forgot about his injury. "Oh, it was just a brick to the head, don't worry about it. He should be fine."

Annabeth's gaze reluctantly met Cassie's. "Didn't Reyna say you have experience healing?" Cassie nodded, prompting her to continue. "How about you and Percy take Jason down to his room. You can help him out there. It's the first room on the left."

After they got Jason settled in, Cassie pulled a chair from the corner of the room next to the bed. She unpacked a canteen of ambrosia from her pack. She poured the drink down Jason's throat, causing most of his colour to come back. She used other medical supplies that she brought with her to treat and bandage the injury on his head. It was easier to use her own supplies when she had no idea where anything was.

"Do you know if there's any ice around?" Cassie asked, looking at Percy.

He frowned. "Not sure. This is my first time up here too. I guess I could take a look around and see what I can find."

A few minutes later, Percy stepped back into the room. For some reason, the room began to smell like the beach. Cassie scrunched her nose; she hated the beach. "No luck. But I called Annabeth down, she'll know where to find some."

Cassie smiled in response. "Hey, thanks for standing up for me back at lunch."

"Don't worry about it, it's the least I could do for my sister."

Cassie's brain did a somersault. She had always wanted to find her actual family, she didn't think it would be that easy. She sputtered. "What did you say?"

"Uh," Percy looked over his shoulder. "Isn't your dad Neptune?"

"Oh," Cassie suddenly felt stupid for drawing such conclusions. "Yeah. That means you're his son, huh?"