six: birthday

"happy birthday, spence!" you said excitedly as you sat on top of him in the morning as he woke up. you had a wide smile on your face as he opened his eyes to see you.

"what time is it?"

you checked your watch before responding.

"it's twelve o'clock am exactly," you replied as he laughed a little.

"i thought we talked about not getting up at twelve o'clock in the morning, sweetheart," he said in a groggy voice from being so exhausted.

you nodded, tucking some hair behind your ear as you replied back to him.

"i know," you said. "but i can't help it! you're twenty eight now, spence!"

"there's no big milestone in that at all," he said back sweetly, resting his hands on your upper thighs now as he tried to close his eyes to go back to sleep.

you nodded.

"i know that too," you replied. "but it's important to me because it's another birthday we get to spend together."

he smiled, opening his eyes to look at you.

"what else do you have in mind?" he asked. "because every birthday of mine that we've spent together, you always do something big and elaborate for me."

you nodded.

"i guess you'll have to wait and see, pretty boy," you answered back to him before leaning down to press a gentle kiss to his lips before sighing, continuing to sit on top of him.

"can we go back to sleep now? i'm really tired and we have a case in, like, eight hours," he muttered softly as he closed his eyes.

you nodded, getting off of him as you laid down next to him, cuddling yourself up against his body as he held onto you.

"goodnight, spence. happy birthday," you told him gently before he said a final sentence before falling asleep.

"i love you," he said back. "thank you, angel."

-
on the way into work that day, you were on a call with garcia to make sure that prentiss and j.j. had gotten everything set up and ready. you were excited to share this birthday with everyone once more and see the joy on spence's face.

when you got inside the building, reid pressed a brief kiss to your cheek before going over to his desk to put some things away and make sure he had his go bag ready as well.

you went straight to the conference room.

"hey, guys," you said with a smile as they all turned away from what they were doing to greet you.

"hey, _____!" j.j. said as she came over and gave you a hug. "we have everything set up. so, basically, we're going to keep it like this so that we can still discuss the case later but we can celebrate right now before the discussion."

you nodded, giving her a smile.

"it's so good looking! thank you guys so, so much," you said with a bright smile. "alright! i'm going to go get him."

they all nodded, making sure to have everything ready for him before you left the room and found him now down near the coffee nook.

"spence, honey, we're gathering," you told him as he grabbed your hand in his before following you to the conference room.

the walk over there was quiet as you held onto his hand. luckily, it was a short walk so you could bring him to the surprise quicker.

when you opened the door, everyone yelled surprise and several 'happy birthday's rang out as you smiled gleefully at the sight in front of you.

reid went around hugging all of his teammates and shaking hands with hotch as everyone smiled. you couldn't stop smiling yourself.

he came back over to you, pressing a kiss to your lips as you sunk into it. it was always that special birthday kiss that he gave you every year like it was your own.

"i love you so, so much," he said softly. "don't ever doubt that. thank you so much. for this and for everything."

you nodded, smiling up at him as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

"happy birthday, spence."