The Dinner

Gwen stepped downstairs to a room of people. All eyes were on her, in her little violet dress.
"GWEN! That's not the dress I told you to put on!" Her mother broke the silence.
"I'm sorry-," She starts to say.
"I think it looks segsy on her," Matt bursts out.
"Um thanks Matt...," Gwen says as she takes her seat.
She sits right between Alex and Chris.
"Continue Chris," Her father says to him.
"Anyways. The company is doing this Christmas party. We need to plan it though, we've been so busy," He tells us.
"Gwen can help!" Gwen's mother says.
"Oh yes! She helped with my Classy Savage makeup line party! Not to mention the other parties she has helped throw for the family!" Mrs. Thomas adds on.
Gwen cringes when she call the two families, a family.
"That sounds like a wonderful idea!" Mr. Thomas said.
"Really it's fine. You don't have to," Chris says smiling.
"She's happy to do it for you Chris. She can help you plan tomorrow after she tutors Alex," Gwens father remarks.
"You sure Gwen?" Chris asks, looking at Gwen.
"Sure it's whatever," She mumbles.
"It's settled! This is going to be a great Christmas party!" Mrs. Thomas says, clapping with Gwen's mother.
The families talk, and Gwen starts a side conversation with Alex.
"I saw this video on this cool bread. Do you want to make it tomorrow during the tutor session?" Alex asks.
"Yeah sure!" She tells him smiling.

They continue talking, until they all get up to empty their plates. The families go to the kitchen and clear of their plates, grabbing a fancy macaron for dessert, that Gwen's mother bought from the store.
"It's already 8pm," Mr. Thomas says after he checks his Rolex.
Gwen's phone starts to ring. It's her boyfriend Aaron. God she didn't really care for Aaron. He was a bit too rough for her, and verbally hurt her.

She quickly stepped out of the main room, and into her bedroom to answer the phone call.
"Hello?" She says answering the phone.
"What are you doing?" Aaron asks.
She can tell he's drunk.
"Family dinner," Gwen replies to him.
"Can I sneak though your window tonight baby?" He asks quietly through the phone.
Aaron was a "bad boy" and her parents didn't really like him. She didn't even blame her parents, he has definitely changed since the day she met him.
"Not tonight Aaron, I'm sorry. I have to wake up at 6 and-," She said but Aaron slammed something through the phone.
"God dammit! I don't care that you have to wake up early! You haven't spent any time with me!" He says angrily.
"I'm sorry!" She shouts. "I've just been really busy! You know I'm in college!" She says, but that only makes him even more upset.
"Drop out! Let me take your virginity and let me knock you up! Then you'll be able to spend everyday with me!" He says greedily.
"Aaron, you know I can't do that," She says as tears run down from her face.
"You can do whatever I tell you to," He says through the phone harshly.
"Aaron-," She starts to say, but is interrupted by a knock on her door. "I have to go," She says, hanging up.

She goes over to her door and opens it up. To her surprise it's Chris.
"Hey. We're about to head out, and our parents are wondering where you are...," He starts. "Are you okay?" He asks noticing my tears.
"Yeah. Um it's just my boyfriend," Gwen tells him, wiping away her tears.
"Dump Aaron. I'll do it for you. The whole family can't stand him Gwen," He tells me and I roll my eyes.
"It's not that easy," She tells him. "Can we stop talking about Aaron," She asks him and he nods.
"Well this is honestly the first time in forever since we've talked just the two of us," He says laughing. "Anyways, after you tutor Alex tomorrow, we're going to plan for the Christmas party. Sound good?" He asks and she nods.
They stare at each other awkwardly for a bit, until Gwen breaks the silence.
"Should we go downstairs? They might be worried," She mentions, and he agrees.
"Yeah let's go," He says, walking her downstairs.
That's how the night ended.