Alexis Socram: District 8

Name: Alexis (called Lex or X) Socram

Age: 14

Gender: female

District: 8 (textiles)

Personality: quiet, dark, friends (which she has almost none) think she's outgoing

Appearance: goth (black boots, dark short sleeved shirt, dark jeans), black hair in a bob cut with green highlights. Taller than most, green eyes.

Background: at age seven, her mother and father passed away along with the baby boy (she's an only child). A friend of her father was a book binder, and their last wish was for her to have a job. So, the book binder (his name is Mr. Brown), even though he absolutely hates her but has to employ her. And that hate has rubbed off on her. See more in One Day.

One Day: The goth was sitting at her worktable, as usual. Mountains of stacks of printed paper surrounded the desk, making it almost impossible to move around. That didn't bother Lex, however. She dipped her pointer finger into a small bottle, covering it in a black fluid, and started to draw on a black piece of paper. The substance was charcoal and water, making an alternative of ink. She started to make an outline of a dragon, but was interrupted by a loud knock on her office door. The sudden noise made her jump, her legs hitting the table and spilling the jar of makeshift ink onto the table, paper, and onto Lex's clothing. Not that it mattered anyway, because they were dark clothing. But she jumped up, and bolted towards the door. She knocked down several mountains, but opened the door. Mr. Brown stood there, his tall figure imposing and intimidating. He smiled maniacally.

"How is the book binding going?" he said, and without waiting for a reply he pushed through Lex and into her office. He stood, frustrated in the middle of the room. He turned around in anger, toppling more mountains.

"Not a single book done!" he said through gritted teeth. Lex opened her mouth to make an excuse, but she was pushed again by Mr. Brown into the hallway.

"Your quota is horrifying." he growled. "My dog could do better than you!" Mr. Brown turned on his heels, and walked away. "I would fire you for anything!" he shouted over his shoulder. But Lex stood her ground.

"You're stuck with me! My dad told you so himself! And honestly, he could run this place better than you or anyone else." she added boldly. Faster than her eyes could register, Mr. Brown spun around and rammed his hand into her throat, lifting her into the air.

"Never question my authority!" he hissed, and set her down. Lex fell, but stood back up.

"Oh I'm not questioning you," she said. "I'm just pointing out the facts." her cheek blazed as the man slapped her. Lex crawled away from the monster, and out the door. Soon enough she arrived at her small cabin, where she tore open the drawers. She grabbed a Voodoo doll, and charcoal ink with colored flowers. She made the ink quickly, and painted Mr. Brown's face sloppily. She chanted several words, and grabbing a pin, she shoved it into the doll's heart.

Favorite Mythical Creature: Daemon (a witch with wings)