1

Flashback - 24th August 2015
Louis' POV

"Shut the fuck up, Louis! Fuck you."
"Harry, I-" He tried to reach out to him but got pushed away.
"Don't you even dare to touch me! Fuck off Louis, really. I don't wanna see you EVER again!"
"Please Harry-" He watched as the curled head shook.
"Go fuck yourself, Tomlinson"
Not trying to come closer again, he nodded and left the room.
That was the moment their relationship broke. Not only their relationship but also One Direction fell apart.

5 years later - March 2020
Harry's POV
Harry had changed since August 2015. His heart got broken and he had sworn that he would never let anybody come that close again. Inside he was broken but on to everyone around him it seemed as if his career couldn't be going better. The fans loved him and his music. Sold out arenas and booming online streams made him one of the most successful solo artists out there. His second album 'Fine Line' was even more successful than his first album.

It was the only thing that could make him truly smile. Louis had always been his safe haven but since he lost him, it was songwriting and performing on stage. Five years ago he had left everything behind. His band mates, his best friend - not to say boyfriend - and his management. He changed everything about his life. Only his mother Anne and sister Gemma remained. They loved him but he knew that they would never understand what he went through. They didn't know about what had happened between Louis and him - at least they didn't ask about it.

The other lads had tried to call him many times but he didn't pick up. That's when they stopped trying. The only one he really talked to was Niall who even had been at one of his shows once. Another favour he'd have to return.
Harry didn't meet a lot with friends. He wouldn't even say that he had a lot of friends, to start with. He preferred being on his own. That's when he wrote hundreds of songs. Even when he was touring he wrote songs. At least half of them were about the blue-eyed boy from Doncaster. But no one would ever get to hear them. To much pain was in them.

He had just nearly finished his tour. There was only one show left in London on Saturday evening. Harry knew that there would be lots of lonely days coming. He surely would have the opportunity to do something. He could call the lads for example. Or meet Kendall. But he didn't want to. All he wanted was to be on his own without someone else.
He just had been sitting down on his couch as his phone rang.

Reading the name of the caller, he didn't want to pick up the phone but Harry knew that Simon would call again and again until he picked up. Trying his luck, he didn't pick up the phone. Unfortunately, Simon called again. And again. He sighed and picked up the phone.
"Yes?"
"Finally. Harry, it's Simon and you know that. Why didn't you pick up earlier?" Because I fucking hate you, Harry thought. Because you ruined everything five years ago.
"Didn't hear you calling, must've missed your calls"
"How do you know that I called multiple times? You're a bad liar, Harry. You simply didn't want to talk to me, did you?"
"Clever, Simon, clever" The sass in his voice was undeniable.
"Whatever. Listen Harry. We've got something coming up"
"What coming up?"
"A comeback. A One Direction comeback"
"Never in a million years"
Harry answered without hesitation. He would never be part of this. Never again. Instead he could just shoot himself - there would be no difference.

"Please listen. I know I can't force you. Your not under our control anymore, I know that. But there would be a huge win for you too"
"Suicidal thoughts aren't a win, Simon"
"C'mon. You didn't hate it that much"
"You know nothing about me Simon"
"Whatever. So all the other boys agreed. Niall nearly lost his mind"
"They agreed?" He couldn't believe that. Zayn would never come back and Louis - well the Louis Harry had known wouldn't come back either. But Harry didn't know him anymore, maybe never had.

"It's no long thing, Harry. Please. It would just be 6 months. A world tour dedicated to 10 years of One Direction"
"6 months are a very long time, Simon. I won't join, I'm sorry. I can't do this. Pretend everything's fine in interviews and stuff. It's a No from me"
"You still haven't heard everything, Styles. Calm down and listen. There would be no interviews- well nearly none. Just one with James Corden. Carpool & singing one song at the Late Late show. Only shows, you don't have to hang around with the others. There would be a tour bus but you'd sleep in hotel rooms mostly. And it's not as if there wasn't anything in it for you.. You'd get a higher percentage of the earnings of the whole thing than the others and your contract would be fully dissolved. No more payments you'd owe us for changing the management."
Harry swallowed. That was a huge deal for him. No more payments towards his former management would mean a lot to him. It wasn't about the money. It was about being free after all this time.

But it meant seeing him for 6 months. He didn't know if he was able to do this.
"Think about it. I'll call again later-"
"What would be if I quit after a month or two? If I wasn't able to take it anymore?"
"We can't hold you back Harry. It's a contract over 6 months. If you quit, you'll get less money and the payments are still on. Think about the fans, Harry. This would mean the world to them"
Harry knew that Simon didn't care about the fans. He was in it for the money and nothing else. He had always been. But he didn't care anymore.
"I'm in"
6 months. Half a year and he would never have to see him again. He'd be free.