Closing In

Metal was back again. He watched his organic 'twin' balancing perfectly on his hands in an elegant handstand in the centre of his cell, head hanging between his shoulders and his strong back arched as he bent his powerful legs over behind him. It was as though he were in the middle of a yoga workout.

"Haven't you taken enough?" Sonic sighed, a murmur befitting some kung-fu master as he spoke to a potential challenger. "If Eggman wants more he's going to have to drain it from my cold dead body because I'm done."

"No more blood samples are needed."

Metal Sonic's voice always seem to echo in the back of Sonic's head, slow and quiet, whenever the robotic hedgehog telepathically communicated with him. Prolonged conversation was a quite literal headache.

"So, he's got all he wants?" Sonic smiled grimly, stretching one leg up in the air and then the other with barely a wobble in his taught arms, "Good for him."

"Would you like to know?"

"Know what?"

"What he has found."

Sonic gave a scoff and continued his balancing routine like the natural gymnast he was, curling his much prided legs around over him and turning on his palms as though he were showing off in the Olympics, lost in his own little dance.

"I have high amounts of Chaos energy thanks to being influenced by a Chaos Emerald before I was born. I don't need to know more than that," he replied sharply, lifting up onto one hand to stretch his arm out, keeping his balance, then repeating the process with the other hand. "If you're really in the mood to answer some questions though," Sonic then muttered, "then, by all means, answer me two things - where is Tails and is he okay?"

From within Metal's throat sounded another harsh clunk. 

"Your companion is with Doctor Eggman," he replied, "I have not bothered to check his status."

"Then go do that, would you?"

With a ferocious snarl, Metal Sonic slashed at the bars, almost ripping them from their place.

"How dare you try and give me instructions, inferior animal!" he roared, privately trying to override his initial programming that kept him from working outside his coded perimeter and work freely as he had once done before, when he no longer needed commands. Having spent so long out for the count, the overriding process was taking a while.

"Sorry," Sonic smirked, twisting his neck to peek at Metal in an upside down position, not at all sorry, "I just thought that, since you're taking orders from everyone else, a quick skip up to the lab and a friendly 'how are you?' was an easy enough errand." 

The blue hedgehog shivered and recoiled as a piercing, high-pitched noise stung his brain. It took a lot of effort not to fall.

"...I am taking no orders."

Not appreciating Metal's retaliation, Sonic did his best to shake it off and smile again. "Says Egghead's data delivery boy. And the only thing that the other moron up there hasn't had you doing is his laundry. You've been threatening me a lot with talk of having your own 'desires' as you call them but, face facts: you're all talk at the moment."

A more timid person would have folded under the glare of Metal Sonic.

"I suppose you can't be blamed. You have been shut down for nearly ten years, after all, so the old processor is probably a bit rusty, eh?"