Battle For The Chaos Born - Part 5

Ira wasn't going to panic. This had gone beyond panicking.

"Ivo did this," he fumed in his head. "Ivo did this to me! That rotten egg did this!" His chest fluttered again and he took a sharp intake of breath. "I don't have time," he groaned. "At this rate, my heart will give up before I've left the building. I can't..." Then he gritted his teeth. "Fine," he decided, "If the Eggman is going to play foul, then so will I." He still had access to the main facility systems and there wasn't anything to suggest that Eggman had left the building with Sonic so it stood to reason that he was still around somewhere.

His brother's main office was a huge room, as staggeringly tall as it was wide, and it was here that Ira had immediately gone upon finding that his cargo was missing.

Eyes as dark as the night itself, Ira began to initiate the systems that would guarantee him complete victory over his enemies.

Because if he couldn't have Sonic then no-one could.

"Well," a voice stopped him, "at last. I don't think we've been properly introduced."

Slowly turning, Ira came face to face with two stern looking purple cats. One was enormous and seemed to possess arms thicker than Ira's head while the other one was smaller, slender and in her palm, a tiny tongue of fire had ignited.

"I'm Blaze."

The two cats were not alone. Beside the female cat appeared a rabbit girl with long velvet ears and a small blue Chao fluttering at her shoulder while beside the taller, fatter cat stood a fierce looking echidna woman dressed in black leather and holding a weapon up at him.

"And you must be Ira Robotnik," another voice added. Ira turned his head and discovered two other hedgehogs. The one that had spoken was a pink furred woman with semi-long quills and eyes as green as Sonic's, brandishing a hammer tightly in both paws.

The hedgehog next to her was male and Ira had to do a double-take before he was satisfied it wasn't Sonic in disguise. The male was silvery coloured and had long elaborate quills. His face though...

His face was uncanny, an absolute doppelganger, of Sonic's.

His mind racing, Ira began to wish that he had paid more attention to Shadow's face too; if all three had the same features...

"...My reputation precedes me, does it?" Ira chuckled, hiding his nerves very well.

"If you can call it a reputation," the pink hedgehog growled. Ira hurriedly recalled Eggman identifying her as Amy Rose the Hedgehog. "On the other hand," Sonic's fiancée added, "we have something to discuss." The hammer twitched.

"I'm sure there's been a misunderstanding," Ira smiled, calmly looking between the two hedgehogs and the other four. "You've all jumped to the wrong conclusions-"

"The only ones here who are professional jumpers are Cream and Froggy," Amy interrupted him sharply and then pointed her beloved weapon at the skinny man. "Where is Sonic?"

Ira knew he couldn't very well tell them that he hadn't the faintest idea where their precious hedgehog was - that would be a certified one-way ticket to the world of pain.

"Very bad manners to barge in here and trespass, let alone throw such dreadful accusations at me," he tutted, shaking his head at them. 

Amy was fast losing her patience.

"Would you prefer I throw something else at you instead?" she suggested but Blaze was quick to intercept.

"Enough of this," she slowly said. "You were asked a question and you haven't answered it yet."