Chapter 8 - Outnumbered 20:1? No Problem!

AN: Hi sorry about the delay. Also, please keep it in mind that I am not an engineer or a mechanic of any sort. I study history. 

A few hours passed since Jethro recounted his experience to the girls. However, he received word from Joe Reed that he will not be going to Pravada. Joe in the meantime had hired three more advisors. Saunders, Pravada and St. Gloriana had been already examined. This came as a surprise to Jethro but it didn't really bother him. Jethro had to inform Maho of this recent development and he walked to her office. He opened it and there was Maho signing some documents off.

"Hey, Maho. Things happened and I need to stay for some more time. Looks like Joe had hired some more advisors for the other schools,"

"No problem, sir. Would you like to come to the exhibition match?"

"What is an exhibition match?"

"It's a friendly match organised by schools. Instead of the championship, it's more focused on socializing and making friends with others. But there are matches and the school who wins the tournament can choose the opponent they will face in the championship,"

"Sounds nice, I'll go,"

"Great sir,"

"It's scheduled for tomorrow,"

000

The school carrier was the first to dock in the port at the specified location. The girls moved their tanks from the carrier hangers towards Kuromorimine's tent and garage. Jethro meanwhile looked at the site from the railing. It was huge, at least ten kilometres squared. There were already buildings set up and he could see a lot of activity on the site. He could see food tents and other similar tents. He also saw hangers which he presumed were for the other schools' tanks. Jethro was wearing his NOMEX suit he brought with him. He grabbed his cap and he put on his sunglasses. He watched as more and more carriers dock in the port. Jethro then saw the other tanks being offloaded from the carriers to the fields. Jethro then walked on the exit ramp and towards the site. He walked around the area and he received strange looks from everyone. He saw on multiple posters that the match would start in three hours or so. He walked off and he ended up next to a hanger. It was empty and he decided to rest here. He laid down on the grass and stared into the sun whilst falling asleep.

000

Miho and the gang were driving to their garage. The Oorai carrier had just docked and they were in the process of unloading their tanks. The Pz.4 was to be the first tank to approach the hanger and the others would arrive in the next ten minutes or so. Miho was leaning outside of the commander's hatch and she looked around at the nice scenery until she saw a man lying on the grass. The tank was about to crush him, and she shouted:

"Stop!"

The tank then halted, and Miho jumped out of the tank and towards the man on the grass. The crew then saw the man and jumped out as well to examine him. As the girls walked up to him, Yukari then grew a brilliant smile and she now had stars in her eyes.

"He's wearing a US Army NOMEX uniform! Where did he get this?"

The others then looked at Yukari with different reactions. Saori tried to calm her down, Mako didn't care, Hanna was smiling, and Miho gave her, her worrying smile. (Yes, it's her, her,) Miho then looked back down to the man on the grass.

"Uh, excuse me, are you ok?" She asked.

Jethro then woke up and saw five girls looking down on him. He recognized the uniform and deduced that they were from Oorai.

"Yeah, I'm good. Sorry, I fell asleep," Jethro replied back.

"Oh no, that's fine," Miho replied.