Chapter TWO (>.<)

Bakugo Katsuki was a protagonist. He did not know it, but he knew he was special. He knew he wasn't the same as those bums on the streets, the problem was that 'those bums' included his fellow heroes. 

His view on things like that changed and he grew more humble, but he would still gloat in a fun way.

To cut straight to the point, Bakugo was confused. 

They all were. 

A question had popped up during one of their conferences and it was one none of them could answer. 

'What do you know about society outside of your bubble?'

The question had slapped them all in the face, they had been so wrapped up in their lives that the happenings around them had faded. They didn't even know who was in charge of asking the questions. 

Things had just always happened for them. They didn't know about the average workers or the hierarchy system outside of the hero ranking system. 

Momo didn't know who worked for the chain of companies she ran, her secretary did, but she did not. 

Denki didn't know who was in the kitchen or how the food was made in his favorite fast food place.

Sero didn't know who made the hero merchandise, or how it even got in the stores. 

It was like this for everyone, they didn't know anything. 

This led to an outing, all of the previous members of class 1-A sat in silence, just watching what happened around them. 

They could physically see the fog clearing from the surrounding people's faces. 

From that day, which was three months ago, they became more and more aware of what was happening around them. They saw all of the other protagonists and saw that the people around them continued life as if they didn't exist. 

Mina had reported seeing three deities bless people and nobody around them gave a single blink. 

Shoji reported seeing that the people tended to sit in unpopular spots, leaving the spots like booths or window chairs for the loud people.

Shinso reported seeing a speeding cart fly into a grocery isle and the people around it didn't flinch.

Koda reported that they all mostly looked the same. 

Koda's report brought up some more questions,  why did they look different, why did the others act as if they weren't there, how come only certain things did or didn't affect them? 

It was Tokoyami that broke the barrier. 

"They act like anime background characters."

The meeting went silent and they all stared at him in a painful realization that he was right, the people around them acted like anime background characters. 

Sato raised a hesitant hand, "But that shouldn't be possible, right? This is real life, not some anime."

Jiro tapped her fingers on the table, "Now that I think about it, name one quirk we've seen that hasn't affected us directly."

It got quiet again. 

Hagakure's earring waved back and forth, showing the motion of her shaking her head, "I have an idea!"

Iida grabbed a pen and looked at her, "What is it?"

"Let's....follow one!"

"No."

Hagakure's shirt sank in disappointment.

"But, it's not a bad idea in general."

Hagakure lept up and stared at Iida, or at least he thinks she did, "Really?!"

Everybody turned to Iida, it was rare that he excepted suggestions on a whim like that.

Iida nodded his head, "It's is a good idea, not the following one part, but meeting one."

Momo slowly began to nod her head, "Oh, I think I'm beginning to understand what you're talking about it."

Ojiro raised his tail, "Mind sharing?"

Momo stood up and grabbed the marker, "If we asked the board of heroes to organize a meeting between us and maybe one or two if these so called 'background characters' we can finally get some clues as to what's going on."

"How are you going to convince them? Kero."

Todoroki shrugged his shoulders and looked at her, "If words can;t convince them, money will."

Kirishima deadpanned, "Isn't that a little shallow?"

"Yes, but how else do you suppose we should convince them if they refuse the first time?"

Kirishima quieted down, Todoroki was right, the Hero Association relied heavily on money.

"Grand, where should we aim for?" Jiro asked.

Momo excitedly popped up, "We could use one of the companies my company sometimes works with! One that I've never heard of! I can have my secretary fax me a list of companies that she thinks I wouldn't know about."

"Great! Let's get right to it then," Bakugo said, standing up to leave. "You know how to reach us, call another meeting once you've chosen a company."