15

You took longer than usual to shower and freshen up that night, allowing your self to do a bit of self care. While you waited for your face mask to dry you made some noodles in the microwave. After you finished doing your hair and eating  you and got comfortable again melting back against your beanbag, Finally you decided to get ready for bed and check your phone and there was a few text and a missed call. Most of them being from your favorite group of people aka Jin, namjoon, Jayden, yoongi, and now hobi who seemingly got your number from namjoon, but the rest were from Mika which you decided to deliberately ignore.

You didn't have the energy to deal with her right now.

You texted everyone back and Soon the text from the others came roiling in and Jin demanded you all have a Group FaceTime. Reluctantly you agreed and so did the others.

 *the black squares are you, Jayden, and angel*

"Its the attitude for me" you said as you and Jayden bickered back and forth and Jin chuckled softly it seemed like he was just looking at you but you knew there were 5 more people in the call so there was no way he was staring at you especially not while looking so soft.

"I'm glad your okay y/n but I'm getting super tired I'll catch you guys later" angel said with a yawn and everyone bid her goodbye and soon after that everyone started to go to bed as well except for namjoon who didn't seem to be that tired. After everyone else left and it was just you and namjoon he gave you a tired little grin before asking if you wanted to continue your FaceTime call one on one.

Your heart at this point was going 1000 mph because nobody ever really FaceTimed you except for Mika and angel so your FaceTime log was basically empty. You always envied people who would be able to FaceTime their friends whenever or fall asleep on the phone with their s/o's and or close friends.

You of course agreed to namjoon's suggestion and you two called one on one. At first it was a little awkward but soon you both became comfortable. You talked mostly about school and he asked you some things about your life and in return you did the same. Soon you both faded into comfortable silence, and since you were FaceTiming on your laptop you had been playing on your phone and when you looked up you could see namjoon just staring at you wearing the softest smile.

"You know I really admire you..." he started and you couldn't even keep eye contact through the screen opting to play with the hem of your shirt. "Why?" You said softly while pretending to look somewhere else and you could hear him chuckle and your heart skipped a beat. "Because- despite all the things that happened yesterday you're still trying your best to hold it together.. I dunno I just- when you broke down yesterday it was like my heart broke into a bunch of tiny little pieces..."

You looked up at him slowly and you could see the emotions swirling around in the dark irises you loved to gawk at so much. "But now every time you smile at me it feels like I get one piece back" he finished looking back at you and before you knew it a tear was slipping down your cheek. "Oh god baby please don't cry" namjoon panicked wanting to immediately face palm for calling you baby again.

"No no it's fine I promise! You just- that really means a lot to me joonie" you said wiping your tears away and namjoon wished he could just hold you again. "It's no problem. I just want you to know that I'm always here for you okay. I know we're not as close as like you and angel are but we'll get there" he said encouragingly and you gave him a smile. "Of course" you said softly and he smiled.

***
You were getting pretty sleepy and namjoon could tell but he selfishly didn't want you to go yet. "Y/n? Are you sleepy?" He asked a bit quietly and you nodded not really giving a verbal answer. You could hear him hum in acknowledgement before he spoke again. "Is there anything else you need to do before you sleep?" He asked and you shook your head.

You'd brushed your teeth, washed your face, put on your head scarf and bonnet which Jayden teased you about but you could careless because hobi and yoongi said you looked like a cute baby mushroom. "Are you gonna fall asleep?" He asked and at this point you could barely register anything he was saying. His voice just sounded so nice and the tone was lulling you straight to sleep. You groaned out a yes and you heard him chuckle followed by shuffling.

"Goodnight baby" he said but you didn't hear him because you were long gone and to no one's surprise there wasn't the telltale beeping noise that indicated that the call ended just the soft snores from you and the obnoxious sound of namjoon's snoring that you somehow slept through.

***
The next morning you woke up and you immediately felt out for you phone to check the time. Once you found it and opened your eyes you could see that it was only 10 am and you groaned. You flipped over and glory behold you see namjoon knocked tf out on your screen. You giggled softly so you don't wake him up and snap a few screen shots cause you just couldn't resist.

Thankfully your laptop was on the charger so it hadn't died last night and it seemed like joons probably was too. You would've been so sad if he would've hung up. Without noticing you had began to stare and when namjoon's eyes cracked open and caught yours you almost had a stroke.

"Good morning" he said as he stretched and once again you almost went into cardiac arrest because his voice was deeper than the damn ocean. You got flustered and stuttered out a good morning and he smirked a bit gaining a little more confidence than usual. "How'd you sleep?" He asked laying back down to look at you. "I slept okay... heheh this is awkward" you said looking around and namjoon laughed.

"why is it awkward it doesn't have to be" he said his tone was getting more and more cocky. "Cause I've never like fell asleep on the phone with someone before" you admitted and namjoon cooed. "Awww I'm the first?!" He asked suddenly gaining a burst of energy and you nodded wordlessly too shy to actually speak and he grinned showcasing his perfectly straight teeth.

At this moment you were the happiest you could be. You could get used to this...