𝟎𝟏

𝙺𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚘𝚗 𝙼𝚎𝚑𝚔𝚊𝚒 𝚁𝚎𝚎𝚍

"So how school been treating y'all? Y'all making sure you getting good grades?"

Me and my sister sat on the the plastic covered sofa, her moving uncomfortably as it began to stick to her thighs. Mama brought us along with her to our granny's house for a quick visit.

She had been asking us questions as soon as we hit the door. I was starting to get annoyed but I ain't even press the situation we was in.

"Yes ma'am, mama always and I mean always staying on us about it." Makyah mumbled giving mama the side eye.

"Girl you better be glad I care. Can't have you out here like these fast ass lil girl getting pregnant and running off wit these fast lil boys."

I rolled my eyes and sat back against the sofa already knowing where this conversations was going.

"Mama you know I ain't even like that. You always tryna I'm fast for little stuff. Won't even let me get my nails long enough to see because you say I look like a hoe. Don't nobody want them ugly ass nubs."

Mama gave Makyah a grave stare before continuing the argument. "Chile please, you should see them lil crop tops and dresses she be tryna wear out the house. Be tryna tell her she ain't grown. Who you tryna show off to?"

Makyah sat up in her seat, frustration evident in her brown eyes. "I can't wear stuff for myself? It always gotta be to impress somebody else."

"Enough of this mess, nobody got time to be hearing y'all argue about foolishness. Makyah you know not to disobey yo mama, so respect her wishes and don't talk back."

"Man. Yes ma'am."

Granny then turned her attention to her daughter with a look of her own. "And you need to stop sexualizing yo daughter. She growing up and you need to realize that everything ain't about what you like because it's not your life. Now if I have to tell y'all to stop that's arguing again, I'm gon beat y'all ass."

I stifled a laugh watching both my mama and sister sit across from each other looking sick as hell. Granny's eyes quickly averted to me, catching mine in a stare. I instantly stopped laughing and just stared at her.

"And you. Why you been so quiet baby?"

I just gave her a simple shrug because I really didn't know how to answer that. If I'm not spoken to then I don't really speak, especially if I don't wanna be in the conversation in the first place. I wasn't going to tell her that though.

"My fault. I just been in my thoughts I guess."

"You been in yo thoughts a lot lately. What you got to think about?"

I rolled my eyes as my mama butted in like someone was talking to her. She always did this which is why her and Makyah don't have a close relationship now. We loved that woman but she was controlling and had to apply herself to our lives, not letting us live it our own way.

"Girl if you don't hush, I was talking to my grand baby not you."

Mama dismissed her words and continued to talk her mind. "Nah you should see how he act at home. Don't talk, barely eat, stay to his self all the time. Be acting ungrateful like I just don't do anything and everything for him. Got a roof over his head and clothes on his back but act like I treat him so wrong."

It was the same thing with her. She was so caught up with running our lives that she really don't know what goes on with us on a deeper level. She don't even try, she just come up with some stupid ass excuse as to why we act the way we do. Little do she know it's all her fault.

"You need to learn to be grateful about what I do for you Kaveon. You know yo broke ass daddy ain't gon do it, so I want some appreciation."

I noticed Makyah had already left the room and that's where I was headed before granny stopped me. "Sit."

I sighed but complied to her wishes.

"And Latoya talk over me again and you gon be rolling home. Too old to get a whooping but ain't too old to get hit across yo face. Now gone so I can talk to my grand baby."

Mama kissed her teeth but did as told, leaving the room. Once she was gone, granny turned to me with a small smile on her face.

"So tell me, what's been going on with you?"

Sorry for the long ass wait, I had writers block like a mf. But yeah, just a little insight to Kaveon's life and relationships with his family. That's all for now, new chapter coming soon.