The Start

Tony could still hear the distant buzz of helicopters and police sirens as he hid inside the debris of a burned down house, his breath heavy as the white male leaned his head to the back of the charred wood, heart beating at an athlete's pace with his hands shaking with anxiety and fear. Before he got back up to start on the run he peaked around the corner and saw the distant red and blue fading away and the buzz of helicopters sound away, he could hear his rapid beat now.
The male got up, his knees still weak as he pressed himself to run. Tony was thankful his parents made him do track or else this might not be possible, he wanted to at least get to the outskirts of New York, there he can at least blend in with the multiple homeless people and shelters in the Big Apple. Tony eventually saw a gas station in the distance down the hill he stood upon, his goal was to make it down there and hope someone would let him hitch a ride up north. He went slow and steady down the hill and made it to the black concrete below him, he sighed in relief and headed over to the only truck he saw.
A Chevy Avalanche was the target for the tired male, he calmly walked up to the woman filling the truck up and he let off a smile. "Hello ma'am, I was wondering if you could take me up to my house, my car broke down a few miles west and I'm too far home to walk." Tony said in the best calming way possible with his hitched breath and shaky body, the brown haired woman looked over and eyed down the male. "Sure, where you from?" She asked him.
"New York, I was on a road trip down to Florida." Tony answered the calm woman, and she gestured towards the truck. "Get in, I'll drive you up there." She said, and the Caucasian male smiled and he got into the passanger side of the automobile.

"So whats your name?" The woman asked as they started to drive out of the gas station, Tony looked out the rear view mirror. "Frank. Frank Wells." Tony lied to her, it was convincing but the male still felt like he already had screwed his chances up. "I have a little cousin named Frank, and he's already wanting to be an athlete." The woman chuckled and pulled out a small picture, Tony looked at it and saw a very young child holding up a medal of some sorts.
"Its adorable." The male said, putting the picture back up. "And my name is Sandy, im a janitor for the police station just outside the Big Apple." She introduced herself, Tony nodded as his smile grew from such a friendly woman. "Do they let you in on anything while you are there?" The white male asked the janitor, she simply shook her head and rested her arm on the window. "Its all classified, they put their trash can outside their door and I simply replace it, why?" Sandy turned her head to slightly fixate on the male.
Tony shrugged and twisted a strand of his short hair, looking over at her. "I've always been curious, is the pay better?" He asked her, she shook het head. "I'm paid the same, ive been there longer than all of the janitors and yet I earn less." Sandy answered his question as she took the exit, Tony watching as the roads were clear. "Why?"
  Sandy looked over at him fully once they hit a red light. "Im not white." She answered bitterly and Tony's happy expression broke character, feeling bad for her. "I thought that all ended waay back." He spoke, his innocence showing. "No, im hoping that this will be solved soon. Im tired of having to work too late, I can't have much of a social life." Sandy said as she soon parked at an apartment, and put the truck into park.
  "This is as far as I can take you, I hope you can make it back Frank." Sandy unlocked the doors and the white male nodded and he opened it, reaching in his pocket to hand her a five he had from prison. "Take this." Tony offered the buck to her and she took it, sliding it into her glove compartment. "Thank you." Sandy smiled and she watched as the fugitive closed the door and he started his hike to New York from the old apartment complex.

Tony walked through the night as he stayed near the road, reading the multiple signs he would see and making sure to listen to any noises he could hear. He thought about what he could do in New York, after all he just broke out of prison and he's too far from home now to go back, so he was committed. He thought about carpooling again, but he didn't want to test his luck.
After all he was lucky Sandy wasn't ratting him out or some sick twisted soul who would take him away and put him in some torture game series, or maybe she did tag him and the cops knew of his exact position, waiting for him to stop so they can surprise him and execute him. With that thought he froze and started to freak out, his head spinning around on its own axel and his body joining in. Tony closed his eyes and he focused, silencing everything and then opening his eyes after a long stressful minute.
  "Come on Tony dont freak out." The male said to himself as his hands gripped his forearms and soon let his eyelids bounce open and watch the environment form infront of him once again, the vegetation and night sky was nothing new. He sighed in relief and gathered the remaining energy he had stored and started to jog to NYC.
He only made it a mile before he felt completely drained, Tony could see the white buzz surrounding the skyline of New York in the distance. It was relieving to say at the very least and he knew by tomorrow night he would be there and living a homeless life, for the moment until he can maybe get a fake I.D, its easy right? Tony wasn't thinking about that for long as he stumbled on the dark streets of an industrial zone, the streets were more isolated than his love life and he could see multiple sleeping spots.
  At this time he decided to sleep inside of a dumpster, he had dumpster dived before and the worst that happened was he got trapped inside of an empty box. Tony climbed the fence and he went over to one of the dumpsters and saw that some broken furniture in it, so he climbed into that and arranged a makeshift bed within the brown smelly container. The smell wasn't bothering his nose anymore and he could use the rest, after all he had done a lot more running today than he ever did in track. His eyes begged for sleep and his body churned with dread, Tony did his best and soon he did fall asleep, whisking away into a dreamless slumber.