Red

"Hmm, Keegan?" Logan stretches his arms, reaching for Keegan's spot, finding it empty.

He opens his eyes, staring at his arm resting against the sheet. No Keegan.

Groaning softly, he rolls onto Keegan's side, taking in his leftover scent on his pillow. It's a pleasant smell he can never describe. It's just Keegan's scent.

Hugging Keegan's pillow tightly, he sighs, curious to where the man could've gone. Looking to the clock on the nightstand, it reads only a few minutes past ten.

"Where are you?" He groans again, burying his face in Keegan's pillow, sighing softly.

Today was supposed to be their day off, before Keegan had to go to Colorado. Logan had hoped to spend the day cuddling and doing nothing but touch each other.

Sighing heavily, he wraps Keegan's blankets around himself and rolls over once more, taking Keegan's pillow with him.

"Keegan...... where'd you go, fucking, fuckin..." He nods off, being woken up a few minutes later to Riley crying outside his door.

"Damn it." He whines. Taking Keegan's blankets with him, he opens the door, watching as Riley zooms in and onto the bed.

Closing the door behind himself, he makes his way over and flops down, pulling another blanket on top of himself. He lays on Keegan's side, Riley laying on Logan's, staring at him sadly.

"What's wrong, Riley?"

Riley whines, licking Logan's nose and flattening his ears.

"You miss Keegan too or something."

Riley makes an odd barking noise, whining and licking Logan's face. "I'm sure he'll be back soon." He yawns, snuggling into Keegan's pillow, and falls asleep.

If this had been any other day, Logan would've gotten up, had coffee, trained with Hesh and his father, pissed off Merrick, bothered Kick, and stared longingly at Keegan from afar.

This wasn't any other day.

Logan hums in his sleep, earning a lick from Riley and a soft hum from Keegan. "Thank you for watching over him, you might want to go now though, buddy." He scratches behind Riley's ears, before opening the door and allowing the dog to run free.

Making his way back over to the bed, he sits on the edge by Logan's feet, smiling at Logan's peaceful expression.

Leaning over, he brushes Logan's hair out of his face, and presses his lips to Logan's ear. "Wake up, sleepy head. I've got a surprise for you."

Logan whines, burying his face further into Keegan's pillow.

"Logan." He runs his hands through Logan's hair, smiling softly.

Logan hums, leaning into his touch. "Is that why you left? You got a surprise for me?"

Keegan leans down, kissing Logan's temple. "Yes. Now come on."

Logan stretches, making one of his odd noises. He stands, only in his boxers, earning a pleased grunt from Keegan. Following Keegan over to his little table by the window, he sits.

Logan snatches a random mint lying on the table, staring at the bag Keegan set down curiously.

"What's in the tiny backpack?"

Keegan chuckles at Logan's wide eyed expression. "Your surprise." He takes a sip from his drink, more than likely coffee, giving a nod for Logan to open it.

He takes the bag, unzipping it slowly. When he looks inside, he spots a few different black boxes, and a smaller, softer bag, for storing things.

"Uh oh?" Logan asks, nervousness in his tone.