14

With Imani and Lona down in the water with Sky, Xavier and Jayceone were on the sand throwing a football back and forth. "Things good with you and Imani?" Jayceone asked.

"Yea, they good but she not liking the fact that my mom don't like her"

"She always try to please everyone and make them like her, she always been like that"

"I told her not to worry about my mom though. She ain't important"

"How she feel about you being around Imani? Like, she know you here?" Jayceone asked.

"Every time I mention Imani, she throw a fit but I don't think she know. I just left this morning and ain't say shit"

"Damn"

"Wassup with you and Lona? Everybody know y'all feelin each other" Xavier chuckled "Y'all always try to play that shit off and its funny as fuck"

Jayceone chuckled and shook his head "We cool like that. Ain't nothing really going on"

"But you slip and call her your girl every time you mention her"

This time, Jayceone laughed because that's true "Its called a slip for a reason nigga"

Lona grabbed Sky and picked her up as they walked back towards the sand. "You getting big huh?"

"Yes" Sky giggled, holding onto her Barbie "I'm a big girl"

"Yeap and you're so cute. What you wanna be when you're older?"

"Like mommy"

Lona couldn't help hut smile as she set Sky back down. The guys stopped throwing the ball and when Jayceone saw Sky, he smiled. Almost immediately, Sky ran off and Jayceone chased behind her.

"Where y'all want to go after this to eat?" Xavier asked Lona. "There's a wing p- who that nigga Imani talkin too?"

Lona looked back to see Imani talking to a dark skinned guy. He had somewhat of an afro and a huge smile on his face.

"I don't know" she shrugged. Xavier started making his way over, when she grabbed his arm "Don't go and make a fool of yourself and embarrass her"

He pulled his arm away and the closer he got, the angered her became. The guy was making Imani smile and laugh, the way she's only laughed with him.

In the flirtatious way.

Xavier put arm around her waist, pulling her attention away from the guy "Oh, Xavier. This is Drew. Drew, this is Xavier"

"Wassup" Drew nodded at Xavier then turned back towards Imani "Its cool if I get your number? Maybe we could chill sometime"

"Naw, she taken" Xavier said, staring daggers into Drew.

"Oh, iight then" Drew looked at Imani " Guess I'll see you around then"

Drew walked off and Imani turned to Xavier. She looked at him and shook her head "No reason to get jealous Xavier."

"The fuck you mean jealous? You over here flirting with that nigga while I'm less then 10 feet away. " he somewhat yelled as they walked back towards their things "What happen to your attention not bein on another nigga?"

"Can you stop? Its not that big a deal. We were just talking" she said

He listened and didn't say anything else the remainder of the time they were at the beach.

Everyone sat at a table at Hooters. Sky sat between Lona and Jayceone while Xavier and Imani sat across from them.

"You had fun at the beach cutie?" Lona asked Sky. She nodded and bit into a fry "Wait, where's Barbie?"

She pulled her Barbie from her bag "Right here"

"You didn't bring any other toys?" Imani asked.

"Nope, I forget"

"Sky guess what? We're staying in a castle tonight" Imani told her. She let out a happy scream, drawing attention to the table "Are you excited?"

"Yes, I'm a princess"

Imani smiled and went back to her onion rings while listening to Sky go on about the castle with Jayceone and Lona.

Imani looked over at Xavier who was looking off towards the entrance, watching people walk in and out. "Can I talk to you? Outside please?" She asked, getting his attention.

He stood up and allowed Imani to walk in front of him, leading them outside. He stood in front of her, looking at her.

"This is dumb Xavier, I don't like when we don't talk" she said "I apologize for flirting with Drew. I honestly didn't think I was flirting, but thinking back I was. And I was wrong"

He smiled a little, grabbing her waist and pulling her closer "Its cool baby" he leaned forward and pecked her lips "I was controlling my anger like my life depended on it"

"I could tell. You were holding my waist tighter every time he'd say something" she laughed.

"My bad, but next time I see another nigga making you laugh and smile like that, that's his ass" licking his lips, he grabbed her hands and entwined their fingers "Ion like seein you talk to other niggas Imani." He paused for a moment "How you feel about me?"

"I like you a lot" she blushed, looking away "And I really care about you"

"Well I'm feelin you a lot too, and I want you to be my girl. "

Imani felt her body heat up even though the cool breeze was blowing off the beach.

"Of course I'll be your girl Xavier" she smiled wide, wrapping her arms around his neck "Know what this mean?" She asked, getting closer to his lips.

"What's that?"

"You're all mine and I'm all yours"

He squeezed her a little tighter and smirked "Just how I like it" he said before kissing her slow and passionate.