16

Walking inside, Xavier tossed his keys on the small stand that was to the right of the door and jogged upstairs to his room.

Pulling out something to sleep in, clothes to wear for a few days and his personal hygiene things, he threw them all into a Nike duffle bag.

"Where do you think you're going?" His mom asked, leaning against the door frame of his room door. "Better not be over that girls house"

Closing to ignore his mom, he threw the bag over his shoulder and walked passed her.

"I know damn well you here me talking to you" she yelled, behind him. "Xavier!"

"What?" He spun around and faced her "What you want?"

"Where are you going?"

"Out" grabbing his car keys off the small table, he reached for the knob of the door.

His mom grabbed the keys from his hand "You will not be leaving this house to go be with that trouble making hoe"

"Don't call her out her name and give me my keys" he said through gritted teeth, reaching for his keys but she pulled them back.

"Don't call her out her name? Wow" she chuckled, folding her arms over her chest "You're sticking up for her so it must be serious. Usually I'll call one of your friends a hoe, and you wouldn't care"

Xavier sighed and closed his eyes, calming himself before opening them again "Can you give me my keys?"

"No! You're not l-"

He ignored every word that escaped her mouth when he felt a sharp pain on the right side of his face.

"The fuck you hit me for?" He yelled, holding his face.

"I'm tired of you disrespecting me in my house. Every since that girl came along, you've been a disrespectful bitch and all that will stop now"

Taking her ranting as a chance to grab his keys, he did. Turning around, he reached for the door knob when it was already being pushed open. A tall and slender man walked in, and his face held a shocked looked "Who the fuck are you?"

"Um, Xavier. He's nobody, go ahead and leave. He's just a friend" his mom rambled. Her entire demeanor had changed and Xavier definitely noticed.

"With a key to the house?" He asked rhetorically "Naw, you cheating on dad with this nigga?"

"No Xavier, he's just a friend" his mom stressed.

"Iight, let me find out" sizing the man up and down, Xavier pushed passed him and hopped in his car, driving back to Imani's house.

Back at the house, Lona stood in the middle of the living room floor with her hands covering her eyes. "Ready or not, here I come" she said, removing her hands.

Already seeing Sky on the couch, laying flat with the covers over her body, she pretended to keep looking.

Checking under the coffee table and behind the lazy boy, Lona sighed as a smile spread across her face "Where is she?"

A small giggle cane from Sky before she popped up and ran towards the open screen door "Catch me Lolo"

Lona chased behind Sky through the entire backyard, until neither could run anymore. "You hungry cutie?" She picked Sky up and held her to her hip.

"Yea, I have pp sandwich?"

"You mean pb?"

"No, jelly nasty."

Lona laughed "Ok, 2 pp sandwiches coming right up"

************

"You keep multiplying. Everything on the bottom is to be divided" Xavier said, rubbing his hands up and down Imani's sides "Things on top are suppose to be multiplied"

"You're making no sense. There's only one number on top"

"Exactly" he chuckled "Take the top number and divide it by the bottom number across from it, then divide that by the number across from it"

Putting the numbers on her calculator "Like that?"

"Yea, that's your answer"

"Finally" she mumbled, scribbling down the answer "I hate Physics. Anyway, does your mom know you're here?"

"I think she has an idea, but I didn't directly tell her. What I keep telling you?" He kissed the back of her shoulder. "Stop worryin about her"

"Its kind of hard when she doesn't want her son to have anything to do with me"

"It doesn't matter what she wants though" Imani turned around, and straddled his lap "Because I want you" he smirked.

"Anything she says about me. Will it change your mind about your feelings for me?"

"Never baby" he pecked her lips "The only person that'll change my mind of what I think of you, is you"

She smiled a little and wrapped her arms around his neck, running her fingers through his hair "If you could change one thing about us, what would it be?"

"You would've gotten with me sooner. You don't understand how bad I wanted you back then. Now that I got you, I ain't never letting your pretty ass go"

Imani laughed and peaked his lips "Good, cause I'm not letting go either"