Chapter III

The house meetings had gotten increasingly more awkward now that Anne and Gilbert started “publicly dating”. Winifred had been acting like more of a bitch than she normally does. She even said that from now own they had to sit separated, meaning, each house on a different side of the table. No one listened to her of course, even Roy and Josie thought it was a ridiculous idea.

Anne and Gilbert were not acting much differently than they did around each other, which was a bit weird for both parts, considering the were not a couple before, but apparently they acted like one. Cole kept telling them how he saw it coming, but they just ignored him. How could he see something that was not there? They were friends, the best of friends, but Anne would never tell Cole that.

It was so easy to be around each other, and yes, that is probably something you would want to have with someone you are romantically involved with, but it was not like that with Gilbert, and she was sure Gilbert thought the same thing.

Gilbert

He was supposed to be here already. Face-mask Friday was a new tradition of theirs. While everyone else supposed they were doing couple things –sex, but no one dared to say it out loud in front of them for some reason-, they would put on The Big Bang Theory and wear face-masks, and he was late. Anne was about to send another text telling him to hurry up when he opened the door, dropped his school bag next to the door, and took off his shoes.

“About damn time” Anne said, crossing her arms.

“Aw, you missed me, red?” Gilbert asked, she just rolled her eyes, “Sorry, I was helping this girl from my class with an assignment, I lost track of time”

“Which girl?” she raised her brow.

“Zoe, you don’t know her” he said casually, rubbing his eyes.

“Huh,” She said, “Anyway, come on, we have a show to watch and face-masks to wear” she clapped

“Which ones are we wearing today?” He asked, coming to lay with her on the bed. He put his head on her chest and hugged her waist. “I don’t want the black ones you peel off, they hurt” he said with his eyes closed, Anne running her hand through his curls.

“No, I bought these that are like bubbles” Anne said, happily.

“Bubbles?”

“You put like- the cream on and after a while bubbles start forming, I think they’re called foam masks or something like that” Gilbert hummed, “are you ok?”

“I’m fine, just a little tired” he started yawning mid-sentence.

“We don’t have to do this tonight, you could just go to sleep” Anne said softly, still massaging his curls.

“You sure?” he yawned again.

“Yes, you’ll have to pay me back next week though”

Gilbert laughed softly, “I will”

“Wanna stay the night?” Anne asked, “You don’t seem like someone capable of getting up and walk to their house right now”

“I’m not” he said, hugging her tighter.

“You want to sleep right now?”

“It’s still early, right?” Anne stopped massaging his head, ignoring Gilbert’s little groan of protest, to grab her phone so she could see the time.

“Almost 10 pm” she said, starting to run her hand through his hair again. Gilbert sighed happily.

“Early” he stated, “let’s watch Black Mirror”