The Player's Locked Heart (Contest)

This is an entry for @coffeelover14's ~*Short Story Photo Contest*~. Hope you all enjoy it. :) (This is unedited, I apologize about that!)

--- --- --- 

He's had his heart broken before. Numerous times, even. Due to that he snapped, threw away his nice guy personality and picked up all the bad boy antics you can think of. 

Being a player? Check. Getting tattooed? Check. Breaking hearts? Check. Smoking weed? Check. Riding motorcycles? Check. And most of all, locking up his own heart? Check check check. 

Trent Adams used to be known as the kinda geeky but sweet guy in his first year of high school. He's in his senior year now, and has done a complete 360. Why you ask? Lets just say he may or may not have caught his best friend of 17 years and girlfriend of 2 and a half years in bed together, "wrestling" like they put it. Seems like they've been wrestling for a year and a half. 

It broke Trent's heart to a million little pieces. Not only did he lose his best friend that was practically his brother, he also lost the love of his life. A stupid little suggestion from one of the jocks on the football team led Trent to what he is now.

No one can blame him for being what he is. He's closed himself off and no longer believes in love, all because of one too many heartbreaks. 

--- --- --- 

A measly weak looking girl ran into him one day and made him spill coffee all over his new white Gucci shirt. He cursed and glared at her, grabbing her arm in the process. 

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to --- I'm really sorry I was just rushing to class. I'm so sorry please don't do-" She rambled on, tears lining her eyes. 

"Who the fuck are you?" Trent sneered at the poor little girl. 

She shivered and tried to wiggle out of his grasp. "I-i have to go to class."

"I said who the fuck are you! Answer me!" He raised his voice.

"Mel... Melanie Robertson." A single tear fell from her eyes as she stuttered and lowered her head. This was it for her, she tried so hard to blend in the background for the past year and now in her junior year, all her efforts have gone to waste. All because she ran into the school's biggest asshole, now he's going to ruin her life. 

Trent's eyes softened, he reached for her cheek, but she flinched. the fuck? He tried again, wanting to comfort this Melanie. 

"Please don't hurt me..."

His brows furrowed, hurt her? Did this girl really think that Trent was going to hurt her? Wait Melanie Robertson? That sounded awfully familiar to him... 

"Do I know you?" 

"Y-yes, we used to see each other a lot in the past..."

"Really? How did we know each other?" Trent was never one to associate with nerdy looking females. 

"I was Jake's girlfriend last year...?" 

"Jake? Jake Shoults? My bastard of an ex-bestfriend?" Melanie nodded. So that's why she looked so familiar: Mel and Jake dated for a year. She used to be so hot but now she's barely recognizable. Trent felt bad, he shouldn't have yelled at her like that. 

"Come with me, I need to go home and change..." She gave him a confused look, which made him sigh and wave a hand over his shirt. "Oh... why do I have to go with you?" She frowned. 

"Well you did this to me, and I'd like to catch up and apologize for how I acted. I didn't know it was you, Mel. You've.. you've changed so much." Melanie saw a flash of pity in Trent's eyes, but that was gone as quickly as it appeared.